Join for free
Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
But you are right, I can't help myself campaigning for what I believe to be right.
Actually ... you're right on that one.
I was looking at your earlier posts, way back in 2010 when you were on about a FB campaign to get The Wurzel's, I Am A Cider Drinker, to No 1 at Christmas... some charity cause.

Did you do it? Did you change the course of a nation?
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I voted NO in the referendum
I can't wait to get out of the wasteful EU and to witness the economic success that will come to us in a few years time. I may not be here to see it but have the satisfaction of knowing my Grandchildren will benefit from my voting to leave .
Sadly, I think the legacy you leave your grandhildren will be them remembering you as one of the people who ruined their lives, diminished their opportunities and reduced our country to poverty.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:59 PM

Sadly, I think the legacy you leave your grandhildren will be them remembering you as one of the people who ruined their lives, diminished their opportunities and reduced our country to poverty.
That's an absolutely shocking thing to say! Do you think your grandchildren would be proud of someone who says things like that? Shame on you!!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:03 PM

How do you know what a whole generation are going to think ? They're just as likely to be proud of an independent Britain. They're just as like to say .. EU ? What EU? It imploded... and who was that bitter old wrinkly posting on a forum in 2017 fomenting war?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:17 PM

I think not. We will have to disagree on that one.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How do you know what a whole generation are going to think ? They're just as likely to be proud of an independent Britain. They're just as like to say .. EU ? What EU? It imploded... and who was that bitter old wrinkly posting on a forum in 2017 fomenting war?
It was Twizz I tell ya!.......
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-01-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think not. We will have to disagree on that one.
Now you know you can't do that Meg.

If you voted for Brexit you deserve to be stretched out on a rack, have traitor stamped on your forehead, then after you've been pilloried, wear a hair shirt or skirt, whatever your fancy .... and stumble down the cobbled street ringing a bell whilst shouting 'unclean, unclean' ... and be prepared to get spat on for someone will run across the street called Wise Woman Twizzle shouting 'shame, shame' who'll tether you to the back of a cart trundling through the Chunnel back to the EU loaded with a load of gold bullion bars to get back in.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Now you know you can't do that Meg.

If you voted for Brexit you deserve to be stretched out on a rack, have traitor stamped on your forehead, then after you've been pilloried, wear a hair shirt or skirt, whatever your fancy .... and stumble down the cobbled street ringing a bell whilst shouting 'unclean, unclean' ... and be prepared to get spat on for someone will run across the street called Wise Woman Twizzle shouting 'shame, shame' who'll tether you to the back of a cart trundling through the Chunnel back to the EU loaded with a load of gold bullion bars to get back in.
Not the same Wise Woman who frequents Mrs Miggins Pie Shop surely?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-01-2018, 11:37 PM

for some unknown reason Monty Python's deadly bunny leapt to mind.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:39 PM

The Brexiters have certainly made the chance of war a lot more likely. I'm sure they'll enjoy waving their flags, waffling about freedom and patriotism and sending the next generation they despise so much off to die.
As you know I'm pro-remain, but you've totally lost me as to how the Brexit vote will lead to war. The only way that this would lead to war is if France had voted for Le Pen and she had led them out of the EU (because that would have led to the breakdown of the union). But that didn't happen. France voted for Macron and thus cemented their commitment to the EU.

As Churchill said in his Zurich speech, as long as France and Germany remain united we should have relative peace in Europe. We aren't so important, but if our vote to leave had influenced others then yes I'd sort of see your logic. Although it would depend on who the others were. I think we are pretty safe for now. It's the Don I worry about...

Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top