Join for free
Page 25 of 30 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:42 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Originally Posted by carol ->
Well - it's started!!

Yesterday Tony & I went out and didn't put the bollard back in the hole. When we returned it wouldn't fit back in & I realised the hole had been half filled with dirt. I had to get down & scoop it all out with my bare hands!!

This morning I decided to try & nip any nastiness in the bud so I typed a brief letter to the neighbours & put it through their letter boxes. I said I hoped there was to be no hostility about the bollard I'd had erected in my drive. I'd had it for several reasons - two reasons being thin tarmac & fear of the garage door getting bumped.

I said I realised how bad the congestion was and my son would keep his gateway open for people to use.

I then added 'When we came here in 1971 there was no gate at the end of the lane & people had plenty of room to manoeuvre. The council put up that gate for some reason and I have emailed the council with a view to having the gate removed. It would solve a lot of problems'

This is true. I have emailed the council & my MP to have this gate removed.
I don't think they'll take any notice though!!

Anyway, Tony & I went out this afternoon. I put the bollard back in place & locked it.

When we returned Bully boy was standing on his doorstep having a smoke. I called over to him 'Did you get my letter?' He nodded his head - said 'Yes' and went back in the house.

No bullying or threats or bad mouthing.

I am hopeful...
I suppose you still can't be sure whether the 'phantom earth dumper' was your favourite neighbour or one of the others.

Clearly, you need to get into the habit of putting the bollard back in whenever you go out. It may take a couple of minutes longer, but probably worth it.

Actually, wouldn't it take longer to put it in your garage than to put it back in its hole?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suppose you still can't be sure whether the 'phantom earth dumper' was your favourite neighbour or one of the others.

Clearly, you need to get into the habit of putting the bollard back in whenever you go out. It may take a couple of minutes longer, but probably worth it.

Actually, wouldn't it take longer to put it in your garage than to put it back in its hole?

It's not the putting it in it's hole. It's the bending down & fiddling with the lock & key.

But you're right. I shall lock it every time in future.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:51 PM

Well - it's started!!

Yesterday Tony & I went out and didn't put the bollard back in the hole. When we returned it wouldn't fit back in & I realised the hole had been half filled with dirt. I had to get down & scoop it all out with my bare hands!!

This morning I decided to try & nip any nastiness in the bud so I typed a brief letter to the neighbours & put it through their letter boxes. I said I hoped there was to be no hostility about the bollard I'd had erected in my drive. I'd had it for several reasons - two reasons being thin tarmac & fear of the garage door getting bumped.

I said I realised how bad the congestion was and my son would keep his gateway open for people to use.

I then added 'When we came here in 1971 there was no gate at the end of the lane & people had plenty of room to manoeuvre. The council put up that gate for some reason and I have emailed the council with a view to having the gate removed. It would solve a lot of problems'

Anyway, Tony & I went out this afternoon. I put the bollard back in place & locked it.

When we returned Bully boy was standing on his doorstep having a smoke. I called over to him 'Did you get my letter?' He nodded his head - said 'Yes' and went back in the house.

I am hopeful...
Don't ever mention the dirt in the hole whatever you do carol !!
And always put the pole back in the hole!
He is probably working out his next move?
Your letter idea was a good move l think, now every body knows
where they stand!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 06:01 PM

No I haven't mentioned the dirt.

As I said - I want to nip it in the bud if I can..
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 06:01 PM

Before I put the bollard up I would be laying a few hard tacks exactly where his tyres would go. Once he's driven over the tacks and driven away I would make sure the 'residue' were all cleared up iykwim.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 06:52 PM

Hope he’s taken note Carol .
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 03:31 PM

Must be nice to have nothing better to worry about.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:10 PM

Well - it's started!!

I am hopeful...
Carol I think it is awful that you are having these problems, being elderly and needing access to your own drive is important even more so for you when you have Tony to look after.

Unless people have experienced looking after someone with Alzheimer's they have no idea how exhausting and difficult it can make life and you don't need all this tension and worry in addition. I admire how you cope with the situation.

Someone should have a polite word with your bullying neighbour
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:20 PM

Considering the backstory the alleged bully was probably driven to respond way back in time.

Certainly if it was me any dirt in the hole would have passed through a dog first.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:12 PM

At least you aren’t taking the revengeful path, Carol, you are mature ,plus all done legally, there is something about that path ,that makes me extremely happy and peaceful...great that you posted a letter through their doors, explaining the situation,..your mature approach ,has certainly worn off on your son, by leaving his gate open....unselfish young man!!.....

Page 25 of 30 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top