Join for free
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:22 PM

According to Einstein ......

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Re: According to Einstein ......

You can say that again Bertie!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:36 PM

Hell, I'm too busy worrying about the things that *I* forget.

LOL
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Hell, I'm too busy worrying about the things that *I* forget.

LOL
Once I was deep into perimenopause ( now post menopausal as of the summer of 2013 ) I was lucky I could remember my name or how to get home !!!

The menopause fairy definitely ate my brain !!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by MADAMENOTMISS ->
Once I was deep into perimenopause ( now post menopausal as of the summer of 2013 ) I was lucky I could remember my name or how to get home !!!

The menopause fairy definitely ate my brain !!
Haha, girl, that's crazy.

I don't know where I am in menopause... I'm confused. I definitely have hot flashes and dealt with BIZARRE periods, but now I'm so excited because I haven't had a period since the end of the November. I know that doesn't mean much yet, it could still come back because they say you're not fully menopausal (which is crap, I've been menopausal for the last 7 years, LOL) until you've gone without a period for 12 months.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those vile, hideous, pain-in-the-butt things don't come back.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

04-02-2015, 05:47 AM

Haha, girl, that's crazy.

I don't know where I am in menopause... I'm confused. I definitely have hot flashes and dealt with BIZARRE periods, but now I'm so excited because I haven't had a period since the end of the November. I know that doesn't mean much yet, it could still come back because they say you're not fully menopausal (which is crap, I've been menopausal for the last 7 years, LOL) until you've gone without a period for 12 months.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those vile, hideous, pain-in-the-butt things don't come back.
In my particular circumstances I began peri at age 45, with an assortment of symptoms including the hair loss that began then and left me as I am today. I went 12 full months without a period at 51. On the 13th month it returned for one final time, making me nervous, as I was always told after 12 months at my age it would never come back, so I was worried about uterine cancer which my mother had.

So I counted another 12 months, and it never returned, and that was Aug 2013 and I was 52. Unlike most women I miss it terribly. It made me feel young, and lessened my risk for osteoporosis which my father has, breast cancer and just feeling womanly. You won't find many who share my view, but that's ok, I am so used to swimming against the tide. I should have been named Salmon instead of Elizabeth !
Linda0818
USA

04-02-2015, 01:43 PM

In my particular circumstances I began peri at age 45, with an assortment of symptoms including the hair loss that began then and left me as I am today. I went 12 full months without a period at 51. On the 13th month it returned for one final time, making me nervous, as I was always told after 12 months at my age it would never come back, so I was worried about uterine cancer which my mother had.

So I counted another 12 months, and it never returned, and that was Aug 2013 and I was 52. Unlike most women I miss it terribly. It made me feel young, and lessened my risk for osteoporosis which my father has, breast cancer and just feeling womanly. You won't find many who share my view, but that's ok, I am so used to swimming against the tide. I should have been named Salmon instead of Elizabeth !
Yes, I've heard that is not uncommon, for some women to go a whole year without a period and then it comes back one or two more times. It's as though your body is saying, "Hahahaha! Fooled ya!"

I'm 51 now and I haven't had a period since the end of the month I turned 51 (November). So 51 seems to be that 'magical' age.

I can perfectly understand why some women would miss their periods. But my periods are very heavy and miserable and I'll be glad to see them gone. I don't need them anymore anyway. I know it only means I'm getting older, but the aging process I can't stop. The periods, I can do without. So right now my periods are just one more added nuisance. I'll be glad when I don't have to deal with them anymore.

My cousin, who is 57 now, actually went to her doctor several years ago (she was a heavy bleeder as well) and had a D&C done and it stopped her periods completely. I don't think I'd go quite that far. I believe they should end naturally. I just don't believe in messing with your body's natural processes, you know what I mean? Things like hormone replacement scares me as well.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

04-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Yes, I've heard that is not uncommon, for some women to go a whole year without a period and then it comes back one or two more times. It's as though your body is saying, "Hahahaha! Fooled ya!"

I'm 51 now and I haven't had a period since the end of the month I turned 51 (November). So 51 seems to be that 'magical' age.

I can perfectly understand why some women would miss their periods. But my periods are very heavy and miserable and I'll be glad to see them gone. I don't need them anymore anyway. I know it only means I'm getting older, but the aging process I can't stop. The periods, I can do without. So right now my periods are just one more added nuisance. I'll be glad when I don't have to deal with them anymore.

My cousin, who is 57 now, actually went to her doctor several years ago (she was a heavy bleeder as well) and had a D&C done and it stopped her periods completely. I don't think I'd go quite that far. I believe they should end naturally. I just don't believe in messing with your body's natural processes, you know what I mean? Things like hormone replacement scares me as well.
Hey Linda :
I did not take any hormones either, and for me peri was one huge slog and in many ways still continue today. I still get hot flashes, though not as much as when I still had a monthly cycle, but my hair that was lost never returned, bouts of crying, added anxiety, drier skin, painful sex, etc are all legacies. The only thing that stopped completely were the night sweats. I took Black Cohosh for a year or so, did nothing, flax and red clover, nothing, so I just sucked it up, whined, bitched and moaned all the way thru and now it is done with for the most part.

I hope to see an endo soon as my eyebrows are going as well and I have a low temp every morning that I check with a basal thermometer, indicating low thryoid levels, plus I am obese.

That said I've heard nightmare stories about being on thyroid replacement therapy as well.

It is not always fun being a woman.
Linda0818
USA

05-02-2015, 12:08 AM

Hey Linda :
I did not take any hormones either, and for me peri was one huge slog and in many ways still continue today. I still get hot flashes, though not as much as when I still had a monthly cycle, but my hair that was lost never returned, bouts of crying, added anxiety, drier skin, painful sex, etc are all legacies. The only thing that stopped completely were the night sweats. I took Black Cohosh for a year or so, did nothing, flax and red clover, nothing, so I just sucked it up, whined, bitched and moaned all the way thru and now it is done with for the most part.

I hope to see an endo soon as my eyebrows are going as well and I have a low temp every morning that I check with a basal thermometer, indicating low thryoid levels, plus I am obese.

That said I've heard nightmare stories about being on thyroid replacement therapy as well.

It is not always fun being a woman.
I haven't lost any hair, thank goodness. My hair's always been thick anyway, so even if it does thin out, it probably won't make much of a difference, unless it falls out completely.

LOL

And you're right, it's not always fun being a woman. I've always made sort of a joke, saying that if there *is* a such thing as reincarnation and I come back again as a female, I'm gonna shoot somebody.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top