Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:01 AM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I see nothing wrong with Wrinkly's remark.
Other forums don't have 'helpers' - if they get busy they just appoint more mods!
Nor do I Carol, Malcolm what do you see that we don't?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I see nothing wrong with Wrinkly's remark.
Other forums don't have 'helpers' - if they get busy they just appoint more mods!

Neither did I actually, Carol. I didn't understand why Malcolm said that?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Old Dog ->
Whomever is chosen, it will be important to keep the Moderation at a similar level to that currently existing.

As a refugee from 'another place' which has been ruined by Mods given too much power and who are far to eager to exercise that power, this forum seems to have got things just about right and I would hate to see that change.
And I wish to second your emotions there Old Dog.
The worse thing this forum could end up with is a jobsworth little Hitler with THE POWER!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
And I wish to second your emotions there Old Dog.
The worse thing this forum could end up with is a jobsworth little Hitler with THE POWER!
Never been on a forum where 'The Mafia' reigned but it sounds appalling.
We tend not to suffer from that on the genealogy sites.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Well all I can say is good luck to whoever gets the job, I have a feeling they'll be needing it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well all I can say is good luck to whoever gets the job, I have a feeling they'll be needing it.
Judging by the comments I agree
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:40 PM

As I see it the 'job' is for cleaners and tidiers-up ! who will be beyond reproach and innocent of any perceived wrongdoing...now how can that be a problem ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Not a problem from where I'm sitting - even though I'm not at all comfortable
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You can say THAT again Jem!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->

I was on a forum once - I joined it at the request of the chap who started it. I did my best to help it find it's feet by thinking up various threads to start. There was this time I started a thread about my enjoyment of scrabble.

I was having quite a lively conversation with another member when the forum 'boss' stepped in making sarcastic remarks and ridiculing us. . As a result of this, the member I was having the conversation with quit the forum and I followed soon after.
That forum 'Boss' used his POWER in the wrong way by ridiculing the subject his members were talking about - just because he was the' Boss' and he could!

There's hardly anybody on his forum left to ridicule now...

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top