Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:19 AM

Re: Tony Martin - murderer.

His family three are thieves and burglars career criminals through three generations
As the youngest in this infamous clan how did it ruin their lives ?
The ‘boy’ he was with was 33 old enough to know right form wrong surely .
It’s didnt ruin his life he carried on ruining the lives of other people with the added bonus of a bit of compensation .

I doubt if TM could see I don’t even know if he had electricity in that old wreck of a place .
I dare say he aimed at the noise

However had they not been planning to do him ill that boy would be alive today .( probably in jail as he already 29 charges to his name a 16)

Two young men intending to rob an elderly man on his own .

Who were the cowards ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
His family three are thieves and burglars career criminals through three generations
As the youngest in this infamous clan how did it ruin their lives ?
The ‘boy’ he was with was 33 old enough to know right form wrong surely .
It’s didnt ruin his life he carried on ruining the lives of other people with the added bonus of a bit of compensation .

I doubt if TM could see I don’t even know if he had electricity in that old wreck of a place .
I dare say he aimed at the noise

However had they not been planning to do him ill that boy would be alive today .( probably in jail as he already 29 charges to his name a 16)

Two young men intending to rob an elderly man on his own .

Who were the cowards ?
Muddy there will always be people who feel sorry for criminals, but I believe that if anybody breaks the law they should be responsible for their actions.
I read the report about Mr Martin experiencing pounding in his chest & he was afraid. Who wouldn't grab something to protect themselves, especially when this family were often on his property and stealing? They were deliberately targeting this man & if I was in the same position & had a gun, I feel that I would have shot the gun in an attempt to scare them off.
If people keep feeling sorry for criminals, who get hurt in the course of stealing, perhaps the people they should blame are their friends and families, who encourage them to break the law.
If Mr Martin had put an electrified fence, with a high voltage around his property, & they had died as a result of trying to break in, who would they blame then?

If they hadn't been in somebody else's home they wouldn't have been hurt or died........ and people wonder why crime is on the increase!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:42 PM

There are few people I wouldn't feel sorry for who at 16 are shot to death, shot in the back by a cowardly man. I don't really care what anyone does it rarely constitutes a reason to shoot them in the back.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There are few people I wouldn't feel sorry for who at 16 are shot to death, shot in the back by a cowardly man. I don't really care what anyone does it rarely constitutes a reason to shoot them in the back.
So would you think it would be alright if he electrocuted them for trying to break into his home?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Can this be compared with the killing of a `traveller` by Richard Osborne Brook when his house was raided by two men armed with screwdrivers? During the ensuing struggle, Mr. Brook , in defending himself, turned the tables on his attacker who consequently died a short time later from a stab wound to the chest. As a consequence, Osborne Brook has been forced to leave his home and lives in constant fear of reprisals by this known thief's extended family.

ETA.

A report from the time of the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-bailed.html
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If he shot him in the front would that have made a difference? The thieving toerag would still be dead.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
So would you think it would be alright if he electrocuted them for trying to break into his home?
If the electric fencing was clearly marked then they are warned what will happen. So although I'd still feel sorry a human being lost their life I wouldn't blame the man for protecting his property. If it were a man trap then I would suggest it's no different to shooting him in the back.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If he shot him in the front would that have made a difference? The thieving toerag would still be dead.
If he was charging at him threatening him then I'd still feel sorry a human lost their life but not blame the man who killed him in self defence.

It is possible to feel sorrow at loss of life without supporting their illegal actions.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Can this be compared with the killing of a `traveller` by Richard Osborne Brook when his house was raided by two men armed with screwdrivers? During the ensuing struggle, Mr. Brook , in defending himself, turned the tables on his attacker who consequently died a short time later from a stab wound to the chest. As a consequence, Osborne Brook has been forced to leave his home and lives in constant fear of reprisals by this known thief's extended family.

ETA.

A report from the time of the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-bailed.html
And thank God was not prosecuted.

But TM was for defending him self.

Prosecution should never have been brought.

And the verdict of Murder was a travesty.

Maybe the Jury thought he was a coward and then brought in a guilty verdict for murder.

From what I can remember about the case.

He used a pump action shotgun he had brought years before but then made illegal but kept it
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

19-08-2019, 02:36 PM

Julie, I would agree that the door handle or fence should be marked as dangerous, but if a man lost his life because he ignored the sign, I would have no sympathy.

I enjoy discussions with you because, as you know, we often find a mutually satisfactory decision. With this in mind, if Mr Martin had put a sign on his door saying " Trespassers will be shot if they enter this house" would you think he was then right to shoot them?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Julie, I would agree that the door handle or fence should be marked as dangerous, but if a man lost his life because he ignored the sign, I would have no sympathy.

I enjoy discussions with you because, as you know, we often find a mutually satisfactory decision. With this in mind, if Mr Martin had put a sign on his door saying " Trespassers will be shot if they enter this house" would you think he was then right to shoot them?
Well I don't think it's ever right to shoot anyone but yes if you are forewarned then you cannot complain.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top