Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:37 PM

Re: new boiler

Worcester Bosch, superb boiler. The only time it let us down was a few years ago when the flue froze solid and shut down the boiler. We lagged the pipe and have never had any trouble since.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure 'clowns' is the best epithet.
Rather than incompetence, perhaps they could simply have been taking advantage of an opportunity to make a nice profit!
Oh no these were definitely clowns. The guy that changed the expansion tank and forgot (?!) to open the valve was very cheap. There were some clowns who worked for the same company but didn't realise as they contradicted one another's work. The clown who left the boiler on max and then it exploded because he didn't clean the filter, the clowns that put the hot and cold pipes back to front, lots of head scratching clowns that gave very bad advice because they didn't have a clue or were plain stupid. Until the bosch engineer that is. I knew he was good when I saw he had his underpants on over his trousers.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:09 AM

The problem might be Annie, is lack of training, I’ve been in this situation many times, stood in front of a washing machine or dishwasher, without a clue how to even start the damn thing, you had to struggle through it and try your best, maybe the guys you had were in the same situation...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The problem might be Annie, is lack of training, I’ve been in this situation many times, stood in front of a washing machine or dishwasher, without a clue how to even start the damn thing, you had to struggle through it and try your best, maybe the guys you had were in the same situation...
It's training, experience intelligence & resourcefulness. But integrity plays a big part too. It must be tempting to lead customers down the garden path where the big earnings are. You could almost see the £ signs rolling in the eyes of the circus master of one company, it was like watching a fruit machine. His company set us up for needing lots of extra work. I'm sure he did it deliberately.

More than one joker wanted to replace all the radiators. for about £4k. The trouble is that different engineers contradicted each other and were from the same company! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the radiators because they are all working superbly now.

The WB engineer was super intelligent and also had integrity. So for anyone going down this route I would recommend their accredited engineers because we had a very good experience.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:39 AM

Yes Annie, there are the cowboys out there, unfortunately,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh no these were definitely clowns. The guy that changed the expansion tank and forgot (?!) to open the valve was very cheap. There were some clowns who worked for the same company but didn't realise as they contradicted one another's work. The clown who left the boiler on max and then it exploded because he didn't clean the filter, the clowns that put the hot and cold pipes back to front, lots of head scratching clowns that gave very bad advice because they didn't have a clue or were plain stupid. Until the bosch engineer that is. I knew he was good when I saw he had his underpants on over his trousers.
Did you check that these 'clowns' were Corgi (I think it's called Gas Safe now) registered?
If they weren't, they should be doing work like that and you should report them.
If they were, then they definitely shouldn't be doing work like that and should definitely not carry a Corgi card. Again, report them.

Interesting. Do all Bosch engineers wear their underpants over their trousers?
Primus1
York

13-02-2021, 12:36 PM

I would think the Bosch engineer would be fully trained on Bosch boilers that is probably all he will see on a day to day basis and will have the technical support of Bosch, however,it doesn’t excuse the poor installation that should have been correct from day one, btw, it is gas safe register

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top