Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Re: Insurance for appliances

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We bought an American style fridge freezer not long after we got married. The purchase price was a grand. We were happy to pay cash and tried to negotiate on that. No go. The only thing they would move on was the extended warranty which we didn't want anyway. Almost twenty years later and it is still working just fine.
Exactly. People are just duped into paying for things they don't need to. Use common sense
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:16 PM

When we had our kitchen done up, the kitchen fitters suggested we have AEG appliances (except for the washing machine which we'd not long had). They seemed to be good value for money and, going by the brand name, we assumed that they'd be good units.

The other advantage was that they each came with a free 5-year guarantee.

Having used them for several months now, though, I have to say that they're not as good as the old units we have had for a number of years.

Never mind the guarantee period, I wouldn't buy AEG again. As I understand it, they used to be a very good German brand, but recently have been taken over by Electrolux and clearly the quality has suffered.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When we had our kitchen done up, the kitchen fitters suggested we have AEG appliances (except for the washing machine which we'd not long had). They seemed to be good value for money and, going by the brand name, we assumed that they'd be good units.

The other advantage was that they each came with a free 5-year guarantee.

Having used them for several months now, though, I have to say that they're not as good as the old units we have had for a number of years.

Never mind the guarantee period, I wouldn't buy AEG again. As I understand it, they used to be a very good German brand, but recently have been taken over by Electrolux and clearly the quality has suffered.
A lot of the ''German'' brands are now made in Italy and we all know what they are like when it comes to anything electrical.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A lot of the ''German'' brands are now made in Italy and we all know what they are like when it comes to anything electrical.
Absolutely. I had three useless Fiats
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:27 PM

I don't buy extended warranties. I look at it this way, if I purchased one for all large appliances I own the cost would be considerable, buying good quality goods in the first place I don't expect them to break down. So best to take my chances using the money I have saved in premiums to cover the cost of any breakdowns.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:29 PM

When I installed my shower (Aqualisa) I forgot to register it for the warranty. Three years later it went wrong so I contacted them not expecting too much but they sent an engineer down to replace the circuit board, all free of charge. I was very impressed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-11-2019, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Absolutely. I had three useless Fiats
Me too!

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Me too!

First series Tipo by any chance mate?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
First series Tipo by any chance mate?
Fiat 128 back in the late seventies then two Unos in the 80's (not the ie model unfortunately).
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Fiat 128 back in the late seventies then two Unos in the 80's (not the ie model unfortunately).
No way are you under 60?!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top