Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 08:56 AM

Scum Bag About To Give Himself Up

It has been reported that Julian Assange who is wanted by his own country and the United States is considering giving himself up, he has been living in the Ecuadorian embassy.
He has a heart complaint and needs treatment and you know who will provide it and pay for it yes of course US.
Send him straight back home is what should happen but yet again soft Britain will wrap him in cotton wool.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Re: Scum Bag About To Give Himself Up

Not sure Scum Bag is apt, I knew a few, they rightly or wrongly, only wanted notoriety among their immediate companions.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Im a bit puzzled at the title,as i recall he was first wanted by USA for leaking secrets he thought the world should know , and the a trumped up charge of under age sex in another country.
Hes not been found guilty of anything yet.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by down to earth ->
It has been reported that Julian Assange who is wanted by his own country and the United States is considering giving himself up, he has been living in the Ecuadorian embassy.
He has a heart complaint and needs treatment and you know who will provide it and pay for it yes of course US.
Send him straight back home is what should happen but yet again soft Britain will wrap him in cotton wool.
Oh dear another poster not letting the facts spoil a good ill informed rant.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 12:51 PM

I am another who doesn't see Assange as a 'scum bag'.

I may not agree with all he has done but thank goodness there are some whistle blowers out there to let the powers that be know they are being observed by some people and can't just do as they please.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 01:29 PM

I see Assange as a hero - the scumbags are the corporate rich who try so hard to hide the truth about the way they rule our world.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am another who doesn't see Assange as a 'scum bag'.

I may not agree with all he has done but thank goodness there are some whistle blowers out there to let the powers that be know they are being observed by some people and can't just do as they please.
I agree Meg - whistle-blowers deserve respect .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 06:45 PM

I'm afraid there is nothing heroic about publishing documents en-masse without knowing the contents. All governments have secrets some of which protect us all, and to publish them just because you think you know best is at best irresponsible and at worst treacherous. Another recent case of course being Snowden who is now holed up in Russia, for it is widely acknowledged that the secrets that he revealed seriously damaged the security of this country and actually cost the lives of some of the security services.

Whistleblowing has it's place but not at the expense of the security of the country and the lives of it's agents as that, to my mind, is just treason pure and simple....
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I agree Meg - whistle-blowers deserve respect .....
I agree with that.

But I don't think alledged rapists deserve respect unless they are found not guilty in a court of law

This "scumbag" has cost the Met between 5 and 7 Million pounds to insure that justice is served that he wanted to evade.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I agree with that.

But I don't think alledged rapists deserve respect unless they are found not guilty in a court of law

This "scumbag" has cost the Met between 5 and 7 Million pounds to insure that justice is served that he wanted to evade.
But he hasn't been charged with anything the Swedish judiciary merely want to interview him and at the moment that is all.

As the Swedish legal system allows for him to be interviewed anywhere why don't they accept the offer of interviewing him in the Ecuadorian embassy? If they then find their is sufficient evidence to formally charge him then he should face those charges.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top