Join for free
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:30 PM

the temptin temptations

there have been many,many great groups down through the years in soul music,but there never was or will there ever be again a group like the temptations..five lead singers[yes Otis sang some lead too]out dancing any group brave enough to challenge them.from the early days with[Elbridge Bryant-dream come true-oh mother of mine-slow down heart-paradise]to the classic[david ruffin]period-[my girl-it's growing-since I lost my baby-my baby-ain't too proud to beg-beauty's onlt skin deep]and on to their message song era with the great dennis Edwards[cloud nine-runaway child-ball of confusion]the harmonies of[baby,baby I need you]five voices that came together at just the right time in music history as if it were somehow ordained,each singer great as a lead or in the background,just listen to eddie kendricks[the girl's alright with me]which I call the best first tenor soul song E-V-E-R,the gritty soul of paul Williams[don't look back-I want a love I can see-no more water in the well]was any bass deeper than Melvin franklin's?[ol man river-I truly truly believe]or the coolness of Otis Williams[don't send me away-I ain't got nothing]just a magical sound from the best of the best..TALL-TAN TEASIN TALENTED TEMPTIN-THE MIGHTY TEMPTATIONS!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 08:42 AM

Re: the temptin temptations

I agree !
Did you see the movie produced by Otis - it was superb, I watch it every year at Christmas time
It was 4 hours of magic and the casting was perfect - the guy who played David Ruffin was unbelievable and Melvin well - had me mesmerised
Yes - a true fan here - if you've not seen that film - get it - every song is there - priceless !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top