Join for free
Page 244 of 259 « First < 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:51 AM

Re: Coronation Street

I most enjoy Maureen Lipman's scenes. IMO she (and Geoff of course) are the only people worth watching. That pointless male make up scenario with Sean and that black bloke - what was that all about?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I most enjoy Maureen Lipman's scenes. IMO she (and Geoff of course) are the only people worth watching. That pointless male make up scenario with Sean and that black bloke - what was that all about?
Yes, I agree.
Maureen Lipman brought a much needed professional actress to the dross which Queer Street has become. One or two older members of the cast have also disappeared, reducing the professionalism of the programme.
In fact, I feel it has become not much more than a showpiece for the woke movement.
It was once the most popular regular programme on television too, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:17 PM

I wonder if Covid restrictions/isolating will mean the end of the older members of the cast...Bill Roache, Barbara Knox, Sue Nicholls etc. As in, do you think they will ever return?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I wonder if Covid restrictions/isolating will mean the end of the older members of the cast...Bill Roache, Barbara Knox, Sue Nicholls etc. As in, do you think they will ever return?
Could be. I haven't seen them for weeks!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

They are being kept safe until the covid scare is over as are all the older ones.
They will be back - I'm sure of it!

Mind you - how come Maureen Lipman is still making an appearance?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
They are being kept safe until the covid scare is over as are all the older ones.
They will be back - I'm sure of it!

Mind you - how come Maureen Lipman is still making an appearance?:confused:
Because she is a tough old boot Carol.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:10 PM

What? After all the anticipation about the Geoff/Yasmin trial, has no one got anything to say about the verdict?
Do you think she's seen the last of him, cos I don't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What? After all the anticipation about the Geoff/Yasmin trial, has no one got anything to say about the verdict?
Do you think she's seen the last of him, cos I don't.
Yes! Things suddenly began to become much more interesting. The trial was excellent, especially when Geoff's expression changed from 'confident' to 'oh my god'!

So Yasmin is now proven innocent and free. Good.

Marge and I said, together, "Now we come to the bit about Geoff getting his comeuppance". We both reckon that they're going to drag this story out until the inevitable Christmas special comes along.

And, sure enough, he's decided to run away.

I can't wait to see what happens next, but I'm sure things for him will go from bad to worse!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes! Things suddenly began to become much more interesting. The trial was excellent, especially when Geoff's expression changed from 'confident' to 'oh my god'!

So Yasmin is now proven innocent and free. Good.

Marge and I said, together, "Now we come to the bit about Geoff getting his comeuppance". We both reckon that they're going to drag this story out until the inevitable Christmas special comes along.

And, sure enough, he's decided to run away.

I can't wait to see what happens next, but I'm sure things for him will go from bad to worse!

We can live in hope JBR.
I think he will want revenge.

One thing I didn't understand was, would he really have been allowed to walk out of court like that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2020, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We can live in hope JBR.
I think he will want revenge.

One thing I didn't understand was, would he really have been allowed to walk out of court like that?
He wasn't on trial. However, his performance there will be a gift to Yasmin if she wants to bring charges. She should!

Page 244 of 259 « First < 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top