Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:09 PM

Re: Two billion people in the world are over 50..

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Please forgive me. I'm not feeling too good right now
Nothing to forgive, I'm sorry you are feeling poorly, it's not nice. Big sis hugs. and feel better soon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:00 PM

I'm taking a week off.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 08:56 AM

...But why do only three of them regularly post in the OFF "Post Your Daily Exercise Routine" thread.

Answers on a postcard please
1. Not all of them are members here.

2. Not all of them exercise.

3. Those that do exercise don't always have time to post in fora.

Seriously though, Floydy, I am sure some of us, including me, do have some sort of routine - but - wouldn't it be a bit like 'ground hog day' if we posted the same thing each day?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:43 PM

I'm taking a week off.
No, you're not - you're just lurking, logging in every so often but not posting .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:46 PM

I ride my bike but not to the degree that I did when I used to post regularly in this section. Therefore not much point in mentioning it. I still walk briskly for miles to the same degree but that's not really worth mentioning either.

I know that digging and looking after an allotment is not considered as 'cutting the right image' but I do that as exercise too ..along with many others on the allotments who are much younger than me. Some well below 50 I'd say.

If I came on here and said I'd dug a bean trench and later, filled it back in nobody would be impressed. Similarly, if I said I'd wheelbarrowed manure or woodchip many yards from the heap to the plot and then spread it out, that wouldn't be thought a real workout either.

That's basically why I think I don't have anything worth posting about here.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:07 PM

I've been swimming today, I did 30 laps of the pool
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Two billion people in the world are over 50..

How do we know this?
Has someone counted us all?
And strange how it came out at a round figure....

I suspect it has been calculated from a random selection of people and multiplied....
Therefore there must be a tolerance.....Say Plus or Minus a few hundred million or so...
But the population of the world is only an 'Estimated' 7.5 billion....
So there would have to be a tolerance on that too.....Say one billion each way...
Therefore, the two billion is basically a figure that's been plucked out of thin air and could be wildly off the mark and just there for effect......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I ride my bike but not to the degree that I did when I used to post regularly in this section. Therefore not much point in mentioning it. I still walk briskly for miles to the same degree but that's not really worth mentioning either.

I know that digging and looking after an allotment is not considered as 'cutting the right image' but I do that as exercise too ..along with many others on the allotments who are much younger than me. Some well below 50 I'd say.

If I came on here and said I'd dug a bean trench and later, filled it back in nobody would be impressed. Similarly, if I said I'd wheelbarrowed manure or woodchip many yards from the heap to the plot and then spread it out, that wouldn't be thought a real workout either.

That's basically why I think I don't have anything worth posting about here.
To be honest Mart I can relate to your post. I go out and run the same courses every other day, and although I thoroughly enjoy it, it doesn't inspire a report every time, or even most times, and when I do a post I find myself just repeating the same old stuff....Yawn!
Keep up the good work though Mart, your body will appreciate the effort...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 12:56 PM

I cycled to the allotment again (on the e-bike today). I had to be careful riding because of the icy paths. I was the only daft one there on this cold and frosty morning.

It was time to transfer some of last year's manure from the heap to another part of the plot (manure doesn't smell at this stage). I filled up a wheelbarrow with the stuff and manoeuvred it around the winding bumpy paths and tipped it over where it needed to go. I did this 10 times.

The day was still cold and frosty but I had to remove a few layers of clothing by the end of the job. This is a workout by any standards in my opinion but it perhaps doesn't carry the same street cred as other ways of keeping fit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-12-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I cycled to the allotment again (on the e-bike today). I had to be careful riding because of the icy paths. I was the only daft one there on this cold and frosty morning.

It was time to transfer some of last year's manure from the heap to another part of the plot (manure doesn't smell at this stage). I filled up a wheelbarrow with the stuff and manoeuvred it around the winding bumpy paths and tipped it over where it needed to go. I did this 10 times.

The day was still cold and frosty but I had to remove a few layers of clothing by the end of the job. This is a workout by any standards in my opinion but it perhaps doesn't carry the same street cred as other ways of keeping fit.
Good workout Mart, It sounds like a street cred workout to me....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top