Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:28 PM

Re: Face Creams

Here is a list of ingredients for the Nivea Q10 face cream for over 60's.

Included:

Aqua, Glycerin, Octocrylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Calcium Pantothenate, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Parfum.

Now the ingredients for the daily moisturiser:

Warning:

Avoid direct eye contact.

Included:

Aqua, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Triisostearin, Octocrylene, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Benzophenone, Parfum

And so on . .

May I ask the ladies who buy these creams if they have done any research on these chemicals they are putting on their face every day?

Lastly, these are the ingredients of the one I use:

INGREDIENTS: organic rose water, virgin organic shea butter (butyrospermun parkii), unrefined rosehip seed oil (rosa moschata), golden jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), evening primrose oil (oenothera biennis), vitamin E oil (tocopherol), vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, aspen bark extract, essential oils rosa damascena, bois de rose & cedarwood.

Think I'll stick to my one thanks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:29 PM

I'd just like to say that I have absolutely no need for face cream.
You can't, as they say, improve upon perfection.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:31 PM

Really exciting post Megs!! Are you going to tell us which face cream you use..........or do we need to read the small print on every cream available?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd just like to say that I have absolutely no need for face cream.
You can't, as they say, improve upon perfection.

Hah. Like it, cheeky.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Really exciting post Megs!! Are you going to tell us which face cream you use..........or do we need to read the small print on every cream available?

It's Mups, Lindy, don't blame Meg for my post.

I do admit I can be a bit of a label reader.
(I'm the same with all my dogs feed).

I have said before on here what I use, and have done for years. After so long using them, even the smell of chemical products puts me off.

We all have a choice of course, but this is mine:

If you scroll down and read about their products it should make more sense than I do!

https://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/n...ngredients.php
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:45 PM

Sorry Meg..........and Mups!!

The handmade naturals products look interesting - thanks for that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-12-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Sorry Meg..........and Mups!!

The handmade naturals products look interesting - thanks for that.

No matter.

They are nice people to deal with as well, very helpful and obliging on the phone too.

I seem to remember that Rossi, the lady who started it all, had a baby. Her baby had really bad cradle cap and it wasn't healing with the doctor's treatment.

Eventually she made up something herself. Her baby's skin got better.
Friends started asking her for some of her cream so she made more . . . the rest is history.

We will continue to choose what we like best, and that's how it should be.
I can only tell you what I prefer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-12-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No matter.

They are nice people to deal with as well, very helpful and obliging on the phone too.

I seem to remember that Rossi, the lady who started it all, had a baby. Her baby had really bad cradle cap and it wasn't healing with the doctor's treatment.

Friends started asking her for some of her cream so she made more . . . the rest is history.

We will all continue to choose what we like best, and that's how it should be.

P.S. I also use her shampoo, hair conditioner, hand cream and body lotion, and don't use chemical toothpastes either - they taste very sweet and peculiar when you're not used to them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No matter.

We will continue to choose what we like best, and that's how it should be.
Mups, My skin would soon react if l was using something that l was sensitive to. So the Nivea must be fine. (It’s not Q10)
Who’s to say, your skin is any better than ours for the special stuff you put on your face?
My complexion is still good but that might be because every time l go into my bedroom l put moisturiser on my face!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, My skin would soon react if l was using something that l was sensitive to. So the Nivea must be fine. (It’s not Q10)
Who’s to say, your skin is any better than ours for the special stuff you put on your face?
My complexion is still good but that might be because every time l go into my bedroom l put moisturiser on my face!
That would be overkill in my home Art living in a flat I'm in and out of there umpteen times a day. When does your skin ever get a chance to breathe ?
You don't use toner after Pond's cold cream ? So what goes on your skin after that ?You can't keep on piling product upon product onto your face surely .
Toner takes every scrap of make up and the residue from cleanser away which leaves the skin fresh . !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top