Join for free
Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Perhaps Priti should use the statement made by my ex - boss when he handed out new work -

'This is an instruction; it is not the opener for a discussion'
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Perhaps Priti should use the statement made by my ex - boss when he handed out new work -

😛😛😛

Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I get swimmies and your point Annie, that the existing empires of
the mandarins resent any efforts of a fresh empire getting established
on their turf??
Donkeyman!
I guess you prefer not to understand because you have completely misrepresented my point. It is nothing to do with mandarins. We have an infrastructure in place in this country and most who come to power do not understand it. When there is a war such infrastructures are destroyed and this is why countries take decades to rebuild at great cost and disruption. It appears that some would like the same situation here as though a war had taken place. It's like the country is in the grip of some sort of mass insanity.

The usual result of such meddling is that one unsatisfactory situation is replaced by a different unsatisfactory situation and much money is wasted in the meantime, but people on the ground are reassured that something is being done and they think they have some sort of imaginary control over the process.

At the moment we need to have certainty and stability not pathetic attempts to change our structures and the ensuing chaos of the misinformation and inexperience. The last thing they need is bums on seats with no idea of what they are doing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess you prefer not to understand because you have completely misrepresented my point. It is nothing to do with mandarins. We have an infrastructure in place in this country and most who come to power do not understand it. When there is a war such infrastructures are destroyed and this is why countries take decades to rebuild at great cost and disruption. It appears that some would like the same situation here as though a war had taken place. It's like the country is in the grip of some sort of mass insanity.

The usual result of such meddling is that one unsatisfactory situation is replaced by a different unsatisfactory situation and much money is wasted in the meantime, but people on the ground are reassured that something is being done and they think they have some sort of imaginary control over the process.

At the moment we need to have certainty and stability not pathetic attempts to change our structures and the ensuing chaos of the misinformation and inexperience. The last thing they need is bums on seats with no idea of what they are doing.
Amongst the swamps that must be drained in the UK is the civil service.

The whole lot have taken powers unto themselves that must be stripped from them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Bang on the button.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:27 PM

This is why British industry went down the pan....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Amongst the swamps that must be drained in the UK is the civil service.

The whole lot have taken powers unto themselves that must be stripped from them.
We don't have swamps here. It's amazing how influential Donald has been in British politics. It's as though people no longer have minds of their own and prefer to be guided by hackneyed US political metaphors.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:37 PM

We don't have swamps here. It's amazing how influential Donald has been in British politics. It's as though people no longer have minds of their own and prefer to be guided by hackneyed US political metaphors.
OK, we don't have political swamps but what we do have is a very bloated, very overpaid and very underworked Civil Service (with some exceptions I'll agree). I reckon the CS would operate just as efficiently and productively with a staffing cull of around 30-40% for starters.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
OK, we don't have political swamps but what we do have is a very bloated, very overpaid and very underworked Civil Service (with some exceptions I'll agree). I reckon the CS would operate just as efficiently and productively with a staffing cull of around 30-40% for starters.
According to this report Brexit has meant increases in civil service posts rather than cuts :

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/ar...00-brexit-vote

A more recent report confirming increases in civil service staff have been driven by Brexit, but it's up to about 2012 levels rather than 2009. :

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...-staff-numbers

I'm sure Brexit staff are working hard.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:01 PM

According to this report Brexit has meant increases in civil service posts rather than cuts :

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/ar...00-brexit-vote

A more recent report confirming increases in civil service staff have been driven by Brexit, but it's up to about 2012 levels rather than 2009. :

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...-staff-numbers

I'm sure Brexit staff are working hard.
Then I hope they're all made redundant come Dec 31st 2020 because the job will be completed, signed, sealed and delivered. They will be surplus to requirements.

Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top