Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 08:13 PM

Re: What Washing Powder Do You Use?

Artangel.
Remember when Mother gave clothes a good scrubbing with Castle Soap and put them through a huge Manual Wringer, that seem to get all the water out so they did not take long to dry.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 08:27 PM

Did you know that there are 13 harmful chemicals in Laundry Detergent?

Source: Natural Living Famly. DR. Z & Mamma Z.

MyGreenFills Company, Sells Chemiclal Free Detergents ,
Also Green Scents made in UK

I will try a Chemical Free Brand soon.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Aerial liquid tabs and Lenor softener.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Am not familiar with those brands, Omah. How do they compare on price with the run of the mill stuff? Are they available in supermarkets?
Surcare is available in most supermarkets but can be expensive in the "posher" ones - I buy the powder in Home Bargains (cut-price North-West supermarket) but, locally, the liquid is only available from Booths ("posh" supermarket).

Of course, there's always Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surcare-Fra.../dp/B01IPHVNY6

If you have an allergic or sensitive skin, it's worth paying the extra for Surcare, though:
  • 0% fragrances, enzymes, acids, and dyes
  • dermatologically approved and has received the Allergy UK Seal of Approval
  • never tested on animals
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:32 PM

My wife has always used the old tried and tested method of washing clothes and stuff. Taught to her by her Mum back in the 70s. Down to the river with a big stone. Works well and extremely cheap too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My wife has always used the old tried and tested method of washing clothes and stuff. Taught to her by her Mum back in the 70s. Down to the river with a big stone. Works well and extremely cheap too.
Main problem there, she is polluting the river. It probably wouldn't be allowed now anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:12 PM

I use the liquid pods that you throw in the back of the machine. Any bio type will do - I go for what's on special offer.

I use pink stuff stain remover for any staining before I put the washing in the machine.

Unperfumed fabric softener to finish off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l can’t use fabric conditioners as their fragrance makes me feel ill.

Next time you are out, take the lids off and have a sniff to see what you think.
The Eco ones don't smell anything like the Comfort/Lenor ones, they are no where near as strong smell.
Eco are all plant based too.

This is the one I am using at the mo, and the same brand softener too. You can get smaller sizes as well.
Don't take too much notice of the price because they seem a different price in every shop you go in!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...-15l-42-washes
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:44 PM

So quite a few like, Ariel. A few like Persil non bio. That was a lot cheaper in Costco, than Ariel. I suppose really, the Persil might have been suffice for me as my clothes aren't heavily soiled!
I used Persil years ago and got an ‘itchy band’ around my tummy where a waist band had been. That might have been Persil bio?

I have never heard of the ones Omah mentioned. We have Home Bargains down here but l’d have to travel quite a way.

Paula, Surf, reminds me a bit of Daz. I think, l might find them a little harsh?
Yes, Azure. I remember someone using a mangle years ago!

Carol, l have never heard of the pink stain remover.

Mups, l know you said, don’t take any notice of the prices but l do find £9 a bit expensive for the fabric conditioner.

I use a Vanish soap tablet for stains.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 12:02 AM

No Art, the £9 was the laundry liquid, the fabric conditioner is here:

https://www.biggreensmile.com/produc...SABEgLPhfD_BwE

I know Tesco, Waitrose, and Sainsburys all sell it.

The one Omah mentioned is (to my knowledge) really for helping outdoor clothing to stay waxed and weather-proof.
I have used it on a showerproof jacket I had, to try and keep it weather-proof.
I have never heard of it being used for 'normal' laundry requirements.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top