Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: Account hacked

One last thought, then I'll mind my own business:-

There are hundreds of over worked, poorly paid, delivery drivers racing around dropping off parcels everywhere.

How much information, about you, is in any one of those parcels?

Bank Account details, a copy of an online invoice, your email address, your home address, you name it, what's in there?.

If a parcel went missing, you might not know for a few days!

Some parcels get left on the doorstep.

Probably not a problem!

I hasten to add, I've never had a personal hit, with this, but it's a possibility.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 02:26 PM

I don’t think amazon can do anything as I don’t have an account on that card, I’ve never used it for any online shopping, and I have no order number ect for the purchase somebody made
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I don’t think amazon can do anything as I don’t have an account on that card, I’ve never used it for any online shopping, and I have no order number ect for the purchase somebody made
I had a look at Amazon Germany to see if any scams came up.

They didn't.

However I did find a link from a user with a similar-ish issue.

It suggests that, when someone orders, for example, some books, from Amazon Germany, amazon just fulfil a transfer , for the money, from that Customer's account. A bit like Direct Debit.

I'd suggest that they did this with the transaction you have, maybe typed in the wrong digits.

I still think that it's likely to be an Amazon Problem - which your Bank should sort it out or a contact from you via email, to Amazon Germany.

Sorry, I can't help more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top