Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 08:32 PM

One dog's happy ending

I think this dog, Maggie, is a true miracle dog.

She is thought to be about 4 years old now, but started her life as a stray in Lebanon.
During her time there, her ear was cut off and she managed to survive being shot 17 times, and left for dead.
Then the air gun pellets became infected, and left her completely blind.

Mercifully, a kind stranger with a big heart found her, and rescued her and took her to Beirut.
Unfortunately many charities turned her away, until another exceptional lady from Brighton, saw her online and wanted to help and get her to the UK, where she would be in safe hands.

Inspite of the appalling life this dog had endured abroad, at the airport here, she nuzzled into the fosterer's arms, and it was this gentleness and trust that made her new carer decide there and then, that she would never go to anyone else, and she was keeping her.

The article says that inspite of the appalling violence Maggie had received from humans, she still gives love to everyone she meets.

One more incredible thing, this dog is now registered as a Therapy Dog with Underdog International.

And lastly, she also won the ' cover dog competition' for my favourite dog magazine.
God bless you Maggie, you deserve all the love you can get now.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 08:41 PM

Re: One dog's happy ending

What can you say..................amazing............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What can you say..................amazing............

I agree.
What a huge heart that dog must have, to love, trust, and still help people after what was done to her. A lovely soul indeed.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree.
What a huge heart that dog must have, to love, trust, and still help people after what was done to her. A lovely soul indeed.
And indeed, the carer.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 09:34 PM

Thank goodness Maggie has found someone who cares and understands what she has been through.

She deserves all the love in the world
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 09:43 PM

Aw! Love her!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 10:00 PM

that brought tears to my eyes, god love her, I'm so glad there are some good people in this world, I love that lady from Brighton, heart and gold springs to mind
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:50 AM

I'm so pleased she found love and peace I hope she has a long happy safe life from now on.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:33 AM

Poor thing .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:56 AM

It never ceases to amaze how many humans can lack even the basic humanity in their treatment of animals! I celebrate for Maggie of course, but I absolutely despair for the millions of other animals in the world that are treated to similar or worse, by such despicable people..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top