Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 01:26 PM

Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

Hi

I cannot get my head round these.

I am not the most organised and often forget things.

I much prefer to go shopping at times when there are very few in the shop, very early mornings or just before closing and when it is raining.

This is also when you get the bargains.

Cabbages for 8p, lettuce for 5p, free range pork sausage reduced to less than 10p each.

Free range chicken reduced to £1,50.

You can take the man out of Yorkshire, but you cannot take Yorkshire out of the man.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:10 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

I go to Tesco evenings once a week also, usually around 8.30 p.m. Son takes me. It's quiet & no kids & the shelves are stocked. No way would I queue to go in & I don't order on line as I like to look at what I'm buying.
We did order on line when late OH was too ill to drive, he liked to do that & it gave him something to do, but often they would substitute if they hadn't got what we ordered & it used to drive me nuts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:29 PM

I have just started having deliveries, and I love it.
The men who bring it are so helpful and nice, it's like having a fairy godfather.

Never in my life, has anyone got my shopping for me, and I feel quite spoilt. I could get used to this.

No more queuing or faffing about with masks and gloves and disinfectants, or looking for silly foot prints on the floor to stand on correctly. I love it.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:32 PM

I like to look at what I’m buying, and admit to going to the reduced items.

I just love SM shopping.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just started having deliveries, and I love it.
The men who bring it are so helpful and nice, it's like having a fairy godfather.

Never in my life, has anyone got my shopping for me, and I feel quite spoilt. I could get used to this.

No more queuing or faffing about with masks and gloves and disinfectants, or looking for silly foot prints on the floor to stand on correctly. I love it.

Totally agree!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 05:52 PM

I enjoy nothing more than reducing the items so that customers get a bargain. I sometimes manage to buy some myself although they are usually all gone by the time I leave work. It is a great way of saving money but you do have to have what's on offer. you don't really get to choose.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:32 PM

We order online and pick the order up outside of the store. Just drive in to a numbered spot, call the store number and give your name and what numbered spot you're parked in. Pop your trunk and they bring your order out and place it in the trunk. They stand away from the car and tell you what is missing and/or any substitutes that you approved when ordering. Close your trunk and you're on your way.

The charge is $2.95 and your order has to reach or exceed $30.00 In our case, the store is only 3 miles away on the outskirts of the city.

At almost 87, I may keep this up even when the COVID pandemic is gone. Saves the legs from walking up and down the aisles which has become painful.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:48 PM

I never thought I would let someone else pick my shopping but Waitrose deliveries have been fantastic.

They send an email before delivery and if they have to substitute anything (which is rare ) it is listed and you can refuse it when the deliver arrives. Substitutions are always of equal or higher value .

The freebies are good, if any item is near its sell by date you get it free.
The drivers are always helpful and friendly and the minimum spend has just been reduced to £40.
I book 3 weeks in advance and load a previous weeks shopping to save time when I pick a slot . The day before an order is due I choose the things I need and delete others.
It all works really well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:56 PM

I would be worried that if l had my food delivered that they wouldn’t be as selective as l am when l select fresh produce.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would be worried that if l had my food delivered that they wouldn’t be as selective as l am when l select fresh produce.
Art I have always said the same thing but have been pleasantly surprised and having someone pick my shopping is preferable to mixing with people in a shop.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top