Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:56 AM

animal boading regs

A friend of mine is absolutely distraught at the way he has been treated . he has been running a successful boarding kennels for over 40 years) slaughtered his kennel standards . to the extend if he didn't do improvements he would not get a licence renewal in December. This is apart from them not even sending one for this year for 8 months. They gave him until december to make improvements

new regs

https://assets.publishing.service.go...s-guidance.pdf

It looks to me as if they are only interested in correct proceedures and not looking after the animals. What is more annoying is my kennels I had got a 5* rating from the same council from a different inspector.
I was talking to Mark the owner last night and it is the first time I have heard him near to tears and I have known him for 30 years.

How on earth can some "official" basically force a kennels to close . I know know those kennels of his and seen far far worse, I too am disgusted at this treatment of him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:04 AM

Re: animal boading regs

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A friend of mine is absolutely distraught at the way he has been trreated . he has been running a successful boarding kennels for over 40 years. Some environmental health officer from Somerset (his kennels are in Cannock west mids) slaughtered his kennel standards . to the extend if he didn't do improvements he woujld not get a licence renewal in December. This is apart from them not even sending one for this year for 8 months.

new regs

https://assets.publishing.service.go...s-guidance.pdf

I don't quite get this, Speedy?

Not even sending what?

Who is 'them' - your friends, or the council?
And what haven't ' they' sent for 8 months?

Lastly, you say 'New regulations', but they have been out for 2 years now.
Weren't your friends aware of the 2 yr old regs?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:13 AM

1 =Who is 'them'- the council
2 = the licence

Mups
the new regs are more about proceedures if you read the link. Some jumped up "Ta*t" more than likely has little experience or even owned a boarding kennels/cattery uses a "tick" sheet and no common sense.

As I said I have known Mark for many many years and all the animals get the best care possible. I will not have anything said against him by anyone who doesn't know him- his kennels or staff

His kennel height is 2 inches lower in one block than the new regs state and he only put small dogs in them anyway

This lady took photos "against the law by the way on private property without permission" saying the cats had no toys yet clearly the photos showed they did.

see 4.3 in the regs talk about BS , time spent doing this instead of looking after the animals, and this is just one example in the regs

another section

Dogs must not be exposed to draughts
• Ventilation must be provided to all interior areas to avoid excess humidity

do they want dogs to have fresh air or not, what a load of crap written by a person with nothing else to do
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
1 =Who is 'them'- the council
2 = the licence

Mups
the new regs are more about proceedures if you read the link. Some jumped up "Ta*t" more than likely has little experience or even owned a boarding kennels/cattery uses a "tick" sheet and no common sense.

As I said I have known Mark for many many years and all the animals get the best care possible. I will not have anything said against him by anyone who doesn't know him- his kennels or staff

His kennel height is 2 inches lower in one block than the new regs state and he only put small dogs in them anyway

This lady took photos "against the law by the way on private property without permission" saying the cats had no toys yet clearly the photos showed they did.

Keep yer hair on RS

I have not said anything anything at all against your friend!
But in all fairness, what is the point in starting a thread if you don't want anyone to comment or ask questions?

I think perhaps I'll leave you to it and make no further comment.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-10-2020, 11:30 AM

Sorry Mups
Having someone turn up without no or little knowledge of owning a large boarding kennels make me want to throw up. Did you know they only have to have 1 years training to be an inspector and 99.9 percent of that is being stuck in an office and 0.1 percent is onsite training
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1979211]How on earth can some "official" basically force a kennels to close . I know those kennels of his and seen far far worse, I too am disgusted at this treatment of him.[/QUOTE]

We live in a world where no one is willing to sort things out themselves, everyone (especially council & government employees) just rely on 'tick boxes' - many years ago the council staff would have a meeting at the premises and work out some plan which would keep the animals safe and healthy and which might involve a few minor changes but that doesn't happen today, no one has the guts to do that, their job is too important to them to risk going 'out of line'

The older I get the more I realise that it's not just the bearded islamist terrorist who is a danger to our society, the 'enemy within' can also be a nice well dressed council worker on a final salary pension who can't be sacked (except for serious criminal convictions) who has a cushy job just ticking boxes on a sheet.

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-10-2020, 11:50 AM

I am so so glad we sold when we did. Not only has he now got to deal with this petty offical but loss of income due to covid19.
talk about supporting the small businesses is BS
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 12:46 PM

I am probably wrong BUT, this sounds to me like a load of petty nit picking by the Council Officer. Does your friend know him/her, maybe they are a unhappy customer from the past. Anyway I would talk to the RSPCA and see if you can get one of them to come and inspect your friends kennel set up. If the RSPCA is happy then you have a good chance of the Council being told to go to blazes. I'd be threatening them with a personal Court Case for hassle.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 12:50 PM

Watch your blood pressure RS, when was the last time you saw his kennels?

You have already stated that the kennel height is 2” lower than regulations in one place
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:50 AM

As suggested, getting the RSPCA involved could be a good idea if they'll do it. It would be like a second opinion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top