Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

What's the thoughts about tongue?

Or wallfish and molluscs in general?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 04:34 PM

I have eaten many of the foods mentioned in the thread including tongue. I wouldn't eat it now but it was at a time after the war when food was scarce and parents fed kids on whatever nourishment they could get.

Cockles and mussels? I just love those things, especially mussels. Not 'alive-alive-O' though. I've eaten snails too but they only tasted of the sauce they were in.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 05:15 PM

I've eaten tongue in the past (when I was a whippersnapper) it wasn't that bad as far as I can remember. A bit like strong tasting ham?
Never had an oyster, but I love mussels and shrimps eaten out of a bowl at the seaside. with a bit of vinegar on....Crab is brill in a sandwich, and I've been known to devour a lobster or two...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've eaten tongue in the past (when I was a whippersnapper) it wasn't that bad as far as I can remember. A bit like strong tasting ham?
Never had an oyster, but I love mussels and shrimps eaten out of a bowl at the seaside. with a bit of vinegar on....Crab is brill in a sandwich, and I've been known to devour a lobster or two...
Tried Alligator?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Tried Alligator?
Yes. Fillets can be bought over here too.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Many years ago we lived near a shop that made their own crab paté. That was really lovely stuff! It was something missed when we moved away.

We were fed brains when we were nippers too. I see there are still recipes for brain dishes around but I couldn't eat that now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:57 PM

Tried Alligator?
I asked the staff in Greggs to make me an alligator sandwich.....And make it 'Snappy!'.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-11-2020, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes. Fillets can be bought over here too.
I understand that Alligators are quite partial to a Human fillet also Todger..... But apparently, it would cost them an arm and a leg...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 09:10 PM

We seemed to have wandered off track a bit.........
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:30 PM

We seemed to have wandered off track a bit.........
It happens!

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top