Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:23 PM

Re: The winter festive season ...

As far back as our family history on both sides goes (4 generations) none of us have had religious leanings - not Christian, Pagan or whatever. None of the friends we know are religious either. Christmas is nothing more than a family festival which marks the end of the year to us. It obviously isn't the "actual" birthday of a religious figure. We enjoy the holiday the same as everyone else, but without all the religious significance attached to it.

We're not "offended" by the religious significance that was tacked onto a pre-existing pagan festival, and if people believe in that kind of thing, best of luck to them. We just don't care one way or the other about the Pagan or the Christian side of it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Isn’t this the time of year that Sir Bob of Geldof brings out another bloody song for Africa, will it make any difference?

Over the next few weeks we will witness the mass killing of thousands of creatures without a word of protest and we will in fact celebrate that killing, will Sir Bob stand up and Sing a Song for Turkey?
Not bluddy likely!
Mind you anything that ugly needs killing, the turkey's too.
Our appetite for Turkeys at Christmas is the reason that so many Turkeys have been reared Vlad. So you could say that our appetite for Turkeys has given thousands of them life that they wouldn't have had otherwise...

Nobody eats Red Squirrels for any kind of celebration, therefore they are becoming extinct....Perhaps we should all eat a Red Squirrel for Easter and some avaricious land owner will breed them to make money.... It certainly works for Grouse....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:55 PM

I love Christmas so much ,everything about it ,never tire of it .
xxx
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our appetite for Turkeys at Christmas is the reason that so many Turkeys have been reared Vlad. So you could say that our appetite for Turkeys has given thousands of them life that they wouldn't have had otherwise...

Nobody eats Red Squirrels for any kind of celebration, therefore they are becoming extinct....Perhaps we should all eat a Red Squirrel for Easter and some avaricious land owner will breed them to make money.... It certainly works for Grouse....
I had never thought of it like that OGF, thanks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:11 PM

I'll tell you what I like about Christmas. It's the music; the religious music, especially the Nine Lessons and Carols from King's, Cambridge (though I always skip through the lessons).

Of course, I shall not be able to watch it this year as we no longer have a TV licence. It will be on Radio 3, though, so that's still available to me.

Pauline might be surprised that I like religious music: a lot of it, not only Christmas and Easter. Of course, you don't have to be religious to like religious music.
And they say that the Devil has all the best tunes. It's not true.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Isn’t this the time of year that Sir Bob of Geldof brings out another bloody song for Africa, will it make any difference?

Over the next few weeks we will witness the mass killing of thousands of creatures without a word of protest and we will in fact celebrate that killing, will Sir Bob stand up and Sing a Song for Turkey?
Not bluddy likely!
Mind you anything that ugly needs killing, the turkey's too.
At least the turkeys get washed.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At least the turkeys get washed.
Naughty
Anyway a Christmas tip for you.
If, when you are told that you have wrapped one of the christmas presents in ‘happy birthday ‘ paper, do not despair.
Grab a black marker pen and write in big letters the word, ‘Jesus’ on the paper …Sorted! It’s called thinking outside the box.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top