Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:01 AM

YouTube?

Anybody else here find YouTube a bit of an addiction? I probably spend as much time on YouTube as I do on OFF - I would guess between 10 and 30 minutes most days.

There are about 20 channels that I subscribe to (though don't click the notification bell) and spend a little time watching their new videos as they come up.

Until I got my Android TV I used to watch on a 7" tablet but a 55" screen is certainly a lot better except that you can't leave or read commentsn(all part of the fun).

As an example - I have no interest in owning a boat or indeed going to sea but every Saturday morning I look forward to the latest offering from Acorn to Arabella.

Another channel I enjoy is Big Clive dot Com. He is an electrician who dismantles electronic and electrical components as well as rather odd amusements such as carbonating Jaegermeister (sp?)

Youtube is a great resource for overcoming problems or learning new skills. I often use it for finding VBA programming problems in Excel for example.

How about you? Do you enjoy or find YouTube useful either for learning or just entertainment?

Perhaps you have your own channel? Is it monetised? Just curious.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:03 AM

Re: YouTube?

I love the Italian cookery tips and some of the Craft sessions.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 02:20 AM

I'm a regular You Tuber Bruce. I use it mainly for music and cooking/ recipes etc. I don't think I've ever searched for any music regardless of how obscure, that I haven't found.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 03:11 PM

I watch a great deal on YouTube, especially as there's bugger all on TV and have been watching the cooking series by Kent Rollins who cooks everything in cast iron. I tuned into his channel just for the advice on how to clean and maintain cast iron cookware. I've got myself a set of cast-iron pans and don't use anything else these days. Nothing sticks to them as they are well `seasoned`.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 03:26 PM

Much excellent organ music on YouTube too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 03:31 PM

I watched my tube:

It's a Thyratron.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Yes, watch it a lot, and I too have the smart tv with the app.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I watched my tube:

It's a Thyratron.
I found that interesting, so looked it up (on YouTube!).

I'm sure I must be over-simplifying, but I gather that a thyratron (or a thyristor) is more or less a switching device.

Why not just use a switch?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I found that interesting, so looked it up (on YouTube!).

I'm sure I must be over-simplifying, but I gather that a thyratron (or a thyristor) is more or less a switching device.

Why not just use a switch?
Yes, switching devices.
Thyratrons were around 1928 vintage.
Thyristors from about 1957.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 08:38 PM

I often go on you tube, it's a really useful app to have, you can learn how to do lots of things.

I listen to Freddie Mercury and watch his videos a lot on youtube.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top