Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 11:48 AM

Re: YouTube?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
How wonderful is Youtube? Now you can find out how it works.
How useful is Youtube eh?
Well, yes I know how it worked. They were used in variable speed drives in a paper mill (and other applications). I replaced them as thyristors took their place. Completely replaced and with much high powers. For example often £20,000 current ratings. Some I did were up to £70,000 Amps.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 11:56 AM

Anybody else here find YouTube a bit of an addiction? I probably spend as much time on YouTube as I do on OFF - I would guess between 10 and 30 minutes most days.

There are about 20 channels that I subscribe to (though don't click the notification bell) and spend a little time watching their new videos as they come up.

Until I got my Android TV I used to watch on a 7" tablet but a 55" screen is certainly a lot better except that you can't leave or read commentsn(all part of the fun).

As an example - I have no interest in owning a boat or indeed going to sea but every Saturday morning I look forward to the latest offering from Acorn to Arabella.

Another channel I enjoy is Big Clive dot Com. He is an electrician who dismantles electronic and electrical components as well as rather odd amusements such as carbonating Jaegermeister (sp?)

Youtube is a great resource for overcoming problems or learning new skills. I often use it for finding VBA programming problems in Excel for example.

How about you? Do you enjoy or find YouTube useful either for learning or just entertainment?

Perhaps you have your own channel? Is it monetised? Just curious.
I am also addicted to Youtube. I watch all sort of things, from wildlife to cartoons.
My favourites at present are Wildlife Aid with Simon Cowell & Minuscule. I also enjoy clips from Good Omens, Merlin & other films. Lots of bands/singers. I could go on & on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
PCL86 etc, etc.
Valve Doonican?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 02:44 PM

I used to enjoy watching a chap, whose name I can't remember now.
He used to experiment with electrical equipment, tending to overload things to destruction.
He'd do things that no-one in their right mind would go near!
I wish I could remember his name or the name of his video series.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well, yes I know how it worked. They were used in variable speed drives in a paper mill (and other applications). I replaced them as thyristors took their place. Completely replaced and with much high powers. For example often £20,000 current ratings. Some I did were up to £70,000 Amps.
Wonderful stuff, you can see them ripped apart on YouTube

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 09:51 PM

One of my more recent interests are people living on those narrow boats on the English canals. There are many but this particular bloke is a TV journalist and his videos are quite entertaining.

It is odd how I watch these thing because as I said before boats and the sea have never interested me but boating on a canal or river even less - so restricted and all those weirs and locks would drive me to distraction. Yet I enjoy watching these videos.

My interest will eventually wane and move on to something else but there are so many fascinating topics to browse.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 09:52 PM

Wonderful stuff, you can see them ripped apart on YouTube

Not exactly huge..........but interesting.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

16-11-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not exactly huge..........
You like something huge? Well, how about these?

See? There's something for everybody on YouTube.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

16-11-2020, 10:20 PM

You like something huge? Well, how about these?
See? There's something for everybody on YouTube.
If that's what floats your boat.........
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 10:24 PM

That would sink a lot of Boats.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top