Join for free
Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:14 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I couldn't help noticing all the unused holes in your circuit board, Foxy. It seems such a waste. Can't you think of anything to stick in some of them?
Ha Ha! That's how you buy them Harbal, they are called 'Veroboard' and come in various sizes, just about any circuit you can mention can be adapted to fit those boards. I find it very engrossing working out how to layout the components for best effect. Like doing a puzzle....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Oh yes it is.

Have you actually tried it?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Like doing a puzzle....
It would be more like a puzzle if you had to fill all the holes before it was finished.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Have you actually tried it?
No, I'm just offering an uneducated opinion.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:22 PM

Foxy, I may well have a number of components that you could have. Electronics, resistors, transistors............
If they are of interest - on cost.
That sounds brilliant Besoeker, back in the early days I would scrounge parts from old tellys, radios, and all manner of electronic equipment, I now have a very extensive range of components to work with, but you can never have too many.
On certain projects though where specified parts are required, like IC's or semiconductors, I revert to buying them. The circuit described in my project requires a MOSFET and a couple of IC's, but I will explain about those later. Thanks for your offer Besoeker...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:25 PM

No, I'm just offering an uneducated opinion.
Fine. I'm offering an an educated one..........................
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:25 PM

Electronics, I once new a Wizard who could repair anything electronic, but, his self restricted him, just for ego, (or something to occupy the mind) he repaired stuff for folks FOC. That is stupid in the rationale extreme, but was rational in context..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-11-2020, 10:26 PM

It would be more like a puzzle if you had to fill all the holes before it was finished.
It is possible to purchase circuit board without the holes Harbal. The board is covered with copper on one side and you can etch the shape of your circuit using acid to burn off the unwanted bits of copper, you can then drill just the right number of holes you need....So no wasted holes...
Harbal
South Yorkshire

17-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Fine. I'm offering an an educated one..........................
Clever clogs.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

17-11-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That sounds brilliant Besoeker, back in the early days I would scrounge parts from old tellys, radios, and all manner of electronic equipment, I now have a very extensive range of components to work with, but you can never have too many.
On certain projects though where specified parts are required, like IC's or semiconductors, I revert to buying them. The circuit described in my project requires a MOSFET and a couple of IC's, but I will explain about those later. Thanks for your offer Besoeker...
Thanks Foxy. I'll dig up what I can in the shed tomorrow.

Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top