Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 10:41 AM

Re: Corned beef for dinner

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I love a corned beef sandwich, particularly with the addition of home made beetroot chutney, delicious...
Barry, l love a corned beef sandwich with Daddies sauce... that’s the only thing l have sauce on!
I prefer loose corned beef rather than from a tin.

Bakerman, My mother used to make ‘boiled corned beef’ when l was little. I didn’t realise it was brisket boiled.
I remember the meat just fell apart and was very tender
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Barry, l love a corned beef sandwich with Daddies sauce... that’s the only thing l have sauce on!
I prefer loose corned beef rather than from a tin.

Bakerman, My mother used to make ‘boiled corned beef’ when l was little. I didn’t realise it was brisket boiled.
I remember the meat just fell apart and was very tender

One minor point: For those who have never made their own corned beef. Please never BOIL a corned beef. A very, very slow, barely simmering produces the tenderest beef.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Is that what the jews call salt beef? I love their sandwiches.

The only corned beef I know comes in a tin. Haven't had that in years but it makes a tasty hash .... onion and potato.
It always used to be tinned but now available in large slices designed to fit a typical sliced loaf. I often have a sandwich with it in, along with lettuce and mayonnaise (or mustard).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top