Join for free
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:52 PM

Bodge up

A bodge-up but one that worked. Our sink tap is one that fixes via a large nut that screws up on the outside (I know there is a different sort of fixing). This one has tended to loosen up from time to time. The securing nut is difficult to get to with the spanner, so never entirely tightened.

The bodge was to clamp a bit of metal (an old drawer runner) to the outside with a jubilee clip and then fix the metal to the back of the sink unit. Solid as a rock now with no twisting around and it should stay that way.

I'm only mentioning this because I'm bursting with joy at having permanently overcome this most serious and annoying problem.

The only trouble was the awkward angle I had to work at. Gone and pulled a muscle in my leg.

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:50 PM

Re: Bodge up

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm bursting with joy
I suspect you may have used the wrong clip. It sounds like you fitted a jubilation clip rather than a jubilee.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 09:06 PM

I only had the silver jubilee clip shown. I might have had it that long.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 09:10 PM

It looks good to me Mart. Nothing like a bit of utilisation...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

23-11-2020, 12:47 AM

If the bodge was in plain sight it would never do but it's at the back of the sink cupboard behind all the cleaning fluid bottles and stuff. Apart from anyone looking at this thread, who is going to see it?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 06:32 AM

Great solution to a difficult problem Mart, well done.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

23-11-2020, 10:48 AM

Thanks Barry.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If the bodge was in plain sight it would never do but it's at the back of the sink cupboard behind all the cleaning fluid bottles and stuff. Apart from anyone looking at this thread, who is going to see it?
I wasn't being sarcastic mart.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

23-11-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wasn't being sarcastic mart.....
No worries. It wasn't taken as such.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top