Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 10:02 AM

Re: Bournemouth Airshow

I haven't been to an airshow in ages. I hope the weather holds for everyone that's going.

We get a local airshow near here and most of the hardware flies over our house, so I get my fix from that on occasions.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It's sad, that the Avro Vulcan Bomber will never fly again at an air show, or anywhere else.......
I was lucky to see its last airshow appearance. A beautiful plane, undoubtedly. Loved the roar of the engines that you could feel in your chest.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It's sad, that the Avro Vulcan Bomber will never fly again at an air show, or anywhere else.......
Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I was lucky to see its last airshow appearance. A beautiful plane, undoubtedly. Loved the roar of the engines that you could feel in your chest.
I managed to see it a couple of times as well. There used to be a Vulcan with a fifth engine underneath it based at the airfield where I was living when I was an apprentice. I've got a photo of it somewhere.

It's a magnificent 'plane and it's a shame we shall never see another one fly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top