Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can see their point but does that mean that everyone can charge more? What about shops who can only allow one or two people in at a time? Should they put their prices up to cover costs? As for dentists, they are beyond my income anyway so I need not worry.

Expect higher prices to keep solvent, or close down. Unlikely to recoup the losses, some have dug deep into their savings because they have not been eligible for government funds. Our village businesses have good patronage, the pub is the only worry. Most are now card only, looks like we may be 'cashless' within a few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ost-vulnerable
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Daughter & I went to the dentist just before lock down, so we have almost a year before we have to worry about that.
Our dentist is an independent so not as expensive as private. £13 for a check up & check up & filling is £62. I paid the former as did Daughter.

The nearest dentist to me charges £87 for a consultation - anything more than a basic filling and you are talking between £200 -£500.

Sorry for going off topic.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The nearest dentist to me charges £87 for a consultation - anything more than a basic filling and you are talking between £200 -£500.

Sorry for going off topic.
That is an astronomical price. Aren't there any NHS dentists near you? Probably a daft question as they are now like rocking horse poo.
We were lucky to get our dentists with the NHS & keep them & when they went independent stayed with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is an astronomical price. Aren't there any NHS dentists near you? Probably a daft question as they are now like rocking horse poo.
We were lucky to get our dentists with the NHS & keep them & when they went independent stayed with them.
Rocking horse poo is correct. Too many people and not enough NHS dentists.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:31 PM

No salons here seem to be ‘opening’ yet, for taking appointments. I don’t know if owners are having telephone numbers transferred, because there are several near me that I could use, but all still closed. So who are getting appts and how?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No salons here seem to be ‘opening’ yet, for taking appointments. I don’t know if owners are having telephone numbers transferred, because there are several near me that I could use, but all still closed. So who are getting appts and how?!

Hi Jazzi, I am lucky as I said earlier, because my mobile hairdresser text me to say when she was working again.

The salons are still closed at the moment, but I thought
were all re-opening on the 4th July too?

Have a look at this, see if it's any help:

https://www.starofservice.co.uk/dir/...t/hair-styling
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the link Mups but I gave up when they wanted an email address. I will wait and see what happens here.
Alees59
New Member!
Leicester, UK
Alees59 is female 

29-06-2020, 03:11 PM

My hairdressers are opening (all being well) on Saturday however the wait is over 3 months as those who had appointments prior to lockdown have priority. Looks like I'm going to be growing my hair out for a little while longer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks for the link Mups but I gave up when they wanted an email address. I will wait and see what happens here.

Sorry Jazzi, I didn't know that else I wouldn't have sent you the link. Hope you get sorted soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 03:50 PM

Great news! I've had a call from my hairdresser, they will be opening on Monday 6th July and I'm booked in for the 10th July!

I feel so much better knowing that!

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top