Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 07:53 PM

Glastonbury

Reruns of sing alongs on bbc 2 now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 10:35 PM

Re: Glastonbury

It's brilliant I have watched a lot, including Tom Jones, Adele & now David Bowie.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 04:55 AM

If they rerun 1994 - look out for me - I was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt with a picture of Johnny Cash on it!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 07:32 AM

Do you know I've never wanted to go. The thought of being stuck in the middle of all those people and crowds . Even worse the mud . The toilets. OMG I cant bear the thought . But those who go tell me it's amazing and love it . I'd be frightened of the drug pushers and problems.

If anyone does go do tell your experience

Watched Adele the other night on TV.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 10:33 AM

I love my music, but all these concerts like Glastonbury I have no interest/desire to go.

But I can't believe my son has declined two invitation to play there.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Do you know I've never wanted to go. The thought of being stuck in the middle of all those people and crowds . Even worse the mud . The toilets. OMG I cant bear the thought . But those who go tell me it's amazing and love it . I'd be frightened of the drug pushers and problems.

It's an experience you'll never forget.

Drug pushers you say.....it is very heavily policed and if there are any dealers they keep it very low key...I've never been able to find any to restock

I've been 4 times and loved every single minute.

I was hoping to go this year.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:15 PM

1994 was the only one I attended - and that was purely because of Johnny Cash. The atmosphere was amazing. Yes, there were drugs and druggies about in abundance but they all understood the word NO and moved on to easier targets. Yes, the loos left a lot to be desired but they were not the worst I have ever seen and they did, at least, work! Mud - well - instantly forgettable once the concert started and nothing that a hot shower afterwards couldn't cope with.

Would I go again? If Willie Nelson turned up - Yes, I would. Otherwise, no, there is no one else in the current music scene worth the hassle.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
1994 was the only one I attended - and that was purely because of Johnny Cash. The atmosphere was amazing. Yes, there were drugs and druggies about in abundance but they all understood the word NO and moved on to easier targets. Yes, the loos left a lot to be desired but they were not the worst I have ever seen and they did, at least, work! Mud - well - instantly forgettable once the concert started and nothing that a hot shower afterwards couldn't cope with.

Would I go again? If Willie Nelson turned up - Yes, I would. Otherwise, no, there is no one else in the current music scene worth the hassle.
I thought that before I went, out of curiosity, the first time.

No-one on the list interested me much but after pressure from my pal I succumbed. So glad I did, I actually became a big fan of The Cure after they did a 3 and a half hour set. Pure magic.

Favourite performances

1995 - The Cure

2000 - David Bowie(of course)

2013 - Rolling Stones

2019 - The Cure and (surpisingly) Stormzy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 10:55 AM

I never fancied going, but I did like watching it on TV.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

My thoughts entirely .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top