Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 04:18 PM

Re: Do You Have,

I like Apple and Mango juice, I found one with no sugar or anything else apart from anti-oxident. I think it's by The Juice Company.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:31 PM

My favourite fruit drink is grapefruit juice
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My favourite fruit drink is grapefruit juice
I used to love grapefruit juice but since I went on statins, It is not allowed!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A favourite fruit drink,squash,fizzy drink?
personally i dont touch fizzy,...but i have just found this lovely,Elderflower
cordial, have you tried it?
what's you're favourite drink?
Veuve Cliquot !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:52 AM

Fruit juices are all of the sugars of the fruit and none of the fibre. Thus pretty unhealthy despite how they are marketed. I personally avoid them although of those that exist, I'm with Mags, grapefruit juice is the nicest.

Better to eat the fruit itself as nature intended imho.

Ask yourself, would you buy a punnet of strawberries and then squeeze them all for their juice and leave the rest behind? Nope.

Nature, over billions of years, has refined her produce. Everything has nicely balanced constituents, vitamins, active compounds all working in harmony with each other. We are imo foolish when we mess with that.

Garlic contains over 300 active compounds all working in harmony. Hugely beneficial to our health and that's been recognised for 1000s of years. I wouldn't dream of squeezing the juice and only eating that. Neither would I put any credence to health shop garlic capsules which have taken that well balanced thing of nature and removed from it numerous aspects, including the very aspects that deliver the health boosting punch.

Similarly I would seriously avoid fruit juices for the same reason.

Understand that what you think you are drinking is not in the least bit what you are actually drinking.

Your orange juice, no matter how it is labelled, is typically over a year old !
Whether promoted as "freshly squeezed" or "100% orange juice" or "not from concentrate" makes no difference. It is all a HUGE money spinning con.

Oranges DO NOT grow all year round. They are seasonal like everything else. Did you never wonder then how you are getting orange juice all year round in the shops with it's limited "Use By" dates ?

Orange juice IS freshly squeezed into large vats/tanks and the oxygen is pumped out of them. The juice sits there for around a year. Yes a year !!!

If you've ever left orange juice out in a glass for days you'll already know that it loses its colour, becomes clear, and loses it's flavour.

This same thing happens in the tanks of the OJ manufacturers.

To restore this year old liquid that was "freshly squeezed" back then, they add "flavour packs" to it. These are packs of concentrated juices and oils from oranges, from the skins and pith and so on. The flavour packs restore colour and some taste to produce the year old liquid you likely buy from your supermarket.

Because the flavour packs are made up of components of oranges the manufacturers are able to list the ingrediets of the OJ as "100% oranges".

It's a neat little scam isn't it?!

Note also that different manufacturers in the UK and across the world, all use their own unique flavour packs and that is why OJ tastes different depending on which one you choose to buy.

If people knew the truth of this they would, like me, cease buying orange juice. It's a despicable scam which uses clever tricks to satisfy the labelling laws and to dupe the public.

My advice is always going to be to not buy fruit juices at all. They are ALL just sugar laden unhealthy drinks that are of course addictive because of that sugar content. A 1Ltr carton of orange juice contains approx 21 teaspoonfuls of sugar which is horrendous. Yes, it is sugars that occur in the fruit itself, but as you're getting none of the other orange elements, especially the fibre content, that juice is a poor product that will contribute to people getting fat. The sugars will be metabolised instantly by your body and stored as fat because the body has no immediate use for the energy produced.

Each to their own as ever, but for me, fruit juices are out of my life along with refined sugar itself.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:01 PM

Oooh yes, J2O Orange & Passionfruit every week on my shopping list, (1 a day keeps the Doctor away)
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:29 PM

I've suddenly developed a taste for Limonata by San Pellegrino. It comes in a six pack of tins. Got a dry lemony taste, which is quite refreshing.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I've suddenly developed a taste for Limonata by San Pellegrino. It comes in a six pack of tins. Got a dry lemony taste, which is quite refreshing.
Yes well there's a reason you would take to it . . . sugar !

Remember sugar fools the brain and triggers the pleasure receptors making us think products are nicer than they are.

There are 4.7g of sugar in every 100ml of Limonata. A can is 330ml which means each can has 15.51g of sugar.

That is essentially 4 whole teaspoonfuls of sugar in every can.

Would you put 4 teaspoons of sugar in your tea/coffee?

If this weren't bad enough (and it is really bad imo), the drink is also loaded with artificial sweeteners too.

Steviol Glycosides, Natural Flavouring, Sweeteners from Natural Origin

Full ingredients list:
Water, Lemon Juice from Concentrate (Lemon Juice from Concentrate (11%), Lemon Juice (5%)), Sugar, Carbon Dioxide, Natural Lemon Flavouring, Stabilisers: Pectins, Sweeteners: Steviol Glycosides, Natural Flavouring, Sweeteners from Natural Origin

Don't get addicted to this stuff imo. Just another sugar laden cocktail of poison.

The orange, Aranciata is just the same. Sorry
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oooh yes, J2O Orange & Passionfruit every week on my shopping list, (1 a day keeps the Doctor away)
As with John's Limonata, J2Os are little bottles of poison.

Again 4.7g sugar per 100ml so each 275ml bottle contains 12.9g of sugar or just over 3 teaspoonfuls of sugar.
On top of that it also has sweeteners.

Ingredients:

Water Fruit Juices from Concentrate (Orange 20%, Passion Fruit 4%), Orange Fruit from Concentrates (9%), Sugar Acid (Citric Acid), Stabiliser (Pectin), Flavourings Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Colour (Anthocyanins), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Just a horribly unhealthy drink which if you are drinking daily is certain to affect your health imo.
robertnunez
New Member!
USA
robertnunez is female 

22-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Greetings! I would like to let you know that I've discovered a new dry lemony taste, which is quite refreshing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top