Join for free
Page 41 of 66 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your correction is to the point. You named french farmers, not the total nation. But even that point is incorrect. In the future (2020-2024) the french agricultural sector (larger than farmers sec) receives 8,5 billion a year.
At present the british agricultural sector receives 3,5 billion (sector is approx. 10% of the french sector) a year. Being half of the money the UK receives from the EU.
If france would receive the same amount as the UK, relative to their sizes, france would receive 35 bil/year. Relative to the size, the brits receive four times the amount the french agricultural sector gets.
You can check all these numbers because the EU budget is transparant
Oh dear, poor deluded you!!

The French Agri sector is only as big as it is thanks to subsidies........subsidies the UK taxpayer is paying in to.

Left to market forces cost heavy French produce would be sat on the shelves rotting away.

The subsidies you refer to only represent a small portion of all the assistance French farmers get.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Oh dear, poor deluded you!!

The French Agri sector is only as big as it is thanks to subsidies........subsidies the UK taxpayer is paying in to.

Left to market forces cost heavy French produce would be sat on the shelves rotting away.

The subsidies you refer to only represent a small portion of all the assistance French farmers get.
I can not find any proof for your statements. Please supply link to relevant site(s).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Every country wanting to do a deal with the UK is a Self Evident Fact............Unless you can show evidence of a country that has expressly stated that they would NOT do a free trade deal with the UK.

The ball is in your court.

The beauty of the situation You and I find ourselves in is that if you don't show proof of countries NOT wanting to do a free trade deal with the UK then it becomes a self evident fact that they MUST be prepared and willing to do a free trade deal with us.

If that's the case then we are all winners .
Yes but they are all crap deals. Tell me which countries want to do a deal that benefits us and doesn't end up with chlorinated chickens or free movement of immigration.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes but they are all crap deals. Tell me which countries want to do a deal that benefits us and doesn't end up with chlorinated chickens or free movement of immigration.
Sorry Annie, I've no idea which deals you refer to.

We are not permitted by the EU to sign any deals at present because the EU are vindictive control freaks.

As for your Project Fear comment regarding Chlorine washed poultry I can only say that the EFSA considers chlorinated chicken safe so that should be good enough for you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:13 PM

Sorry Annie, I've no idea which deals you refer to.

We are not permitted by the EU to sign any deals at present because the EU are vindictive control freaks.

As for your Project Fear comment regarding Chlorine washed poultry I can only say that the EFSA considers chlorinated chicken safe so that should be good enough for you.
like we care what the EU thinks so we worry about their permission? You know full well what I was talking about but it doesn't suit your point.
Moscow
Scotland

12-10-2018, 07:15 AM

like we care what the EU thinks so we worry about their permission? You know full well what I was talking about but it doesn't suit your point.
I disagree.

We have always slavishly followed EU rules , unlike most other EU countries and will continue to do so up until 29 March at least

Your flippant response highlights, once again, your lack of knowledge and lack of indepemdant thinking.

I'd like to know which bad deal you refer to as I am not aware that we have agreed any deals with anyone and your response to the fact the EFSA have concluded that chlorinated chicken is no threat to health..... The same chicken we eat by the bucket load when we visit the USA btw.

The EU ruling on CC is a typical EU attempt to protect it's own poultry industry.......closed shop, protectionist, anti-competetive , dictatorial and unjustified.....

Look forward to your better researched thoughts on this, Annie.

FYI: EFSA = European Food Safety Authority
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-10-2018, 10:45 AM

Where did I say we had agreed any deals or that they were done deals? We all know that India expressed interest as long as they were granted easier migration to the UK and the US has reportedly made it clear they want us to accept chlorinated chicken. You know exactly what I am talking about so don't play games.

As for us previously following rules to the letter, that's as may be but we don't have to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 11:17 AM

Anyone eaten chicken in USA has likely eaten chlorinated chicken already I'm guessing no one had a problem with it ?

But surely we can set standards here and buy what we want. No ones going to force us to chlorinate our birds or force us to eat it !

Personally I'd like us to set a free trade unilaterally and then see what others do, I have a feeling many countries will follow suit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-10-2018, 11:41 AM

Welcome back Julie

Chlorinated chicken is cheaper because they don't bother with all the health checks we do now, just wash it before sale. So if it floods our market it could put the traditional farmers out of business if they do not adopt the same practice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Welcome back Julie

Chlorinated chicken is cheaper because they don't bother with all the health checks we do now, just wash it before sale. So if it floods our market it could put the traditional farmers out of business if they do not adopt the same practice.
Thanks Annie, perhaps we should all become vegetarians much safer. Better food too.

Page 41 of 66 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top