Join for free
Page 43 of 66 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Solasch I voted remain but that doesn't make me agree the EU is without fault. I have always thought it is cumbersome when it comes to trade. While regulation is good, it also stifles small enterprise. It's not an easy balance.

If the EU is to survive they do need to get a grip on being more flexible. I think the UK should have stayed in to fight for this, but then when you think about it we are just as inflexible ourselves and that stifles innovation here no end. Quite often we in the UK are overly prescriptive in applying legislation (including EU rules). I am not sure what causes this but it seems to be a fair bit of ego goes with the culture.

I agree with you that the EU is not good for small business and wants to control and regulate us to within an inch of out lives.

Your point about the UK staying in the EU in order to influence it's rules to suit our national pecadillos is a busted flush.
We've been trying to do that for 40years and there is a core of Franco-centric nations that are forever anti-British.
You said in your last post that you speak as you find!
Well if you can't see the anti-Anglo bias within the the EU you need to arrange a visit to Specsavers.

Luckily, 'Speaking As You Find' is a very British trait. Certainly among the working and lower middle class. ( not so amongst the duplicitous and disingenuous midlle and upper-middle classes) and so when a majority of us found the EU was not looking out for our interests we chose to 'Vote As We Find' and over 17million of us no nonsense 'Speak as You Find Not As You're Lied To' Brits voted for Brexit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:07 AM

I strongly believe that you can change that bias. Thatcher certainly did.

We had great exemptions and we could have had a far more tailored membership if we had fought for it. I am very disappointed that our subsequent leaders have had little appetite for reforming the EU given that we were such a large contributor.

We have spent far too little time making alliances with European nations, preferring to focus almost solely on the commonwealth. It's a blinkered approach, but then we do have an anti-European bias.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I see there have been all manner of stories saying this will run out,that will run out, shortage of this shortage of that,at least the doom mongers' haven't promised the rain will run out,well not yet any way.
It's a risk and if there is a risk it must be discussed so that it can be mitigated. This is not doom and gloom, this is a sensible and pragmatic way of approaching uncertainty. I really don't understand the problem.

In the US everyone sensible has a plan for dealing with storms. They have supplies, candles, warm blankets etc. They don't know whether the storm will be devastating or pass without any incident. But they are prepared nonetheless.

It would be ridiculous if the nation that brought scouting to the world with Baden-Powell's "be prepared" motto, should not be prepared in this instance.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I can not find any proof for your statements. Please supply link to relevant site(s).

No chance of the proof you are looking for from this person Solasch. He's well indoctrinated.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
No chance of the proof you are looking for from this person Solasch. He's well indoctrinated.
What a ridiculous statement.

Solasch seems a like a switched on dude/dudette . He's more than capable of looking for that.

If I'm 'indoctrinated', lol , what does that make you ?

I think we know that what your saying is is that I don't fall for your lies,fear mongering and bullshit.

I fully expect the EU and their patsies here in the UK to up the rhetoric, the emotive fear mongering and the outright lies over the next few weeks/months!

Going to be a hell of a ride, YeeeeeeHaaaaaaH!
Moscow
Scotland

13-10-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I strongly believe that you can change that bias. Thatcher certainly did.

We had great exemptions and we could have had a far more tailored membership if we had fought for it. I am very disappointed that our subsequent leaders have had little appetite for reforming the EU given that we were such a large contributor.

We have spent far too little time making alliances with European nations, preferring to focus almost solely on the commonwealth. It's a blinkered approach, but then we do have an anti-European bias.
I disagree with the basic premise of this post.

When has anyone been anti -European ?

I love Europe, I dislike the EU. Some of us can differentiate the two.

What are these alliances we should be a part of that we are not to which you refer?

I also can't understand your desire to ignore the Commonwealth. Why should we do that,pray tell!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

What are these alliances we should be a part of that we are not to which you refer?

I also can't understand your desire to ignore the Commonwealth. Why should we do that,pray tell!
Couldn't agree more with you commonwealth countries came to our aid in two world wars how we have treated them since joining eu is dispicable IMO no one hates Europe we all want to leave eu. It's a different creature altogether.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:50 PM

In view that this forum is for over 50: remember traveling in europe? Checks at every border, another currency in each country with difficult conversion rates, waiting endlessly at the border, controls, customs to be paid on wines, cigarettes.
It's a different europe now.

You do not ignore the commonwealth, there is (substantial) trade already. Increasing it will the challange. There are three economies of interest, Canada, which is totally oriented on Usa, Australia and New Zealand, fixed on China and India. If you look at it seriously, there is no room for expansion, either way.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:27 PM

What a ridiculous statement.

Solasch seems a like a switched on dude/dudette . He's more than capable of looking for that.

If I'm 'indoctrinated', lol , what does that make you ?

I think we know that what your saying is is that I don't fall for your lies,fear mongering and bullshit.

I fully expect the EU and their patsies here in the UK to up the rhetoric, the emotive fear mongering and the outright lies over the next few weeks/months!

Going to be a hell of a ride, YeeeeeeHaaaaaaH!

Your last sentence gives an indication of your intellect.

However, these days evidence based decision making is threatened by growing political polerisation and that many people like yourself view emotion and instinct over rational assessment.

By the way, did you give Sloach proof of your statement as he requested? thought not!!!! Just like your drivel over the countries queuing up (other than those we already deal with) to do free trade deals with us.

And you have the nerve to accuse me of telling lies.

Anyway I hope they come for you soon and can find out whats wrong.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Couldn't agree more with you commonwealth countries came to our aid in two world wars how we have treated them since joining eu is dispicable IMO no one hates Europe we all want to leave eu. It's a different creature altogether.
Canada, Australia, India, New Zealand seem to do pretty well, despite the dispicable treatment of great britain, as you call it.
Pakistan, Bangladesh are in dire straits. Perhaps the UK should rush to their assistance and drive away the threat at Pakistan's border?

Page 43 of 66 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top