Join for free
Page 44 of 66 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 04:28 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

I also can't understand your desire to ignore the Commonwealth. Why should we do that,pray tell!
When did I say we should ignore the Commonwealth?!

We should merely be putting in as much if not more effort into alliances with our nearest neighbouring European countries. There has been a definite lack of engagement. You cannot expect to have a good relationship if you don't make much effort and expect them to do our bidding.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
[/B]

Your last sentence gives an indication of your intellect.

However, these days evidence based decision making is threatened by growing political polerisation and that many people like yourself view emotion and instinct over rational assessment.

By the way, did you give Sloach proof of your statement as he requested? thought not!!!! Just like your drivel over the countries queuing up (other than those we already deal with) to do free trade deals with us.

And you have the nerve to accuse me of telling lies.

Anyway I hope they come for you soon and can find out whats wrong.
Not sure who Sloach is when he's at home but resorting to posting about the level of my intellect shows two things..........
a) You're rattled by my posts
b) You've lost the argument.

Btw, still waiting for you to provide us with the list of those countries who have categorically stated they will not under any circumstances do a trade deal with the UK.

C'mon , pal, put your money where your mouth is ....

Tick Tock............
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In view that this forum is for over 50: remember traveling in europe? Checks at every border, another currency in each country with difficult conversion rates, waiting endlessly at the border, controls, customs to be paid on wines, cigarettes.
It's a different europe now.

You do not ignore the commonwealth, there is (substantial) trade already. Increasing it will the challange. There are three economies of interest, Canada, which is totally oriented on Usa, Australia and New Zealand, fixed on China and India. If you look at it seriously, there is no room for expansion, either way.
Don't you realise, Solasch? That was the beauty of travelling through Europe.

Different Peoples, cultures, currencies, languages, learning about all the little quirks and idiosycrancies of the wonderful, fascinating and diverse nations and societies that existed there.

Now Europe is a boring , bland, grey, homogonous gloop of sameness . It's Magnolia!

Your last paragraph is bollox!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:23 PM

I think a deal is already done, all this posturing is for show only.

It will please no one except the establishment, im expecting delays and obfuscation.

We are badly led and betrayed by political donkeys on all sides.
Moscow
Scotland

13-10-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I think a deal is already done, all this posturing is for show only.

It will please no one except the establishment, im expecting delays and obfuscation.

We are badly led and betrayed by political donkeys on all sides.
Funny you should say that, Nom, because I also think that.

I've been thinking that since at least Salzburg and it means everyone is free to play the tough Statesman to their domestic audience . Everything Varadker says is designed to undermine the DUP position, nothing to do with what's best for Eire.
Then at the latest moment possible bring home a deal that totally pleases very few but will be better than no deal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Don't you realise, Solasch? That was the beauty of travelling through Europe.

Different Peoples, cultures, currencies, languages, learning about all the little quirks and idiosycrancies of the wonderful, fascinating and diverse nations and societies that existed there.

Now Europe is a boring , bland, grey, homogonous gloop of sameness . It's Magnolia!

Your last paragraph is bollox!
All those things are still there to be discovered, just the annoying things, that distracted from the discovering, are gone.

Bollox eh? just read what your parliament knows and is acting upon . You notice I don't say anything about the credibility? Gives you an opportunity to continue on your fiddling.
https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-8282
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:49 PM

Funny you should say that, Nom, because I also think that.

I've been thinking that since at least Salzburg and it means everyone is free to play the tough Statesman to their domestic audience . Everything Varadker says is designed to undermine the DUP position, nothing to do with what's best for Eire.
Then at the latest moment possible bring home a deal that totally pleases very few but will be better than no deal.
I agree. The contours of the deal were set from the beginning and clear to mrs May. It just took some time for the british people to accept the inevitable.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:59 PM

I agree. The contours of the deal were set from the beginning and clear to mrs May. It just took some time for the british people to accept the inevitable.
May is a remainer so not representing the 17. 4 million leave voters.

Nothing has been accepted yet, quite a few hurdles to jump.

Arrogant EU think they can overturn democracy, raise the Fyrd.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-10-2018, 08:09 PM

Clever May! To be elected PM after the referendum. A majority, among which leave voters, backs May up in her negotiations with the EU.

In the end you will have to accept, leave or be thrown out.

You voted to leave.The EU is not keeping you back. Pay your bills and good luck to you.
Moscow
Scotland

13-10-2018, 09:37 PM

Clever May! To be elected PM after the referendum. A majority, among which leave voters, backs May up in her negotiations with the EU.

In the end you will have to accept, leave or be thrown out.

You voted to leave.The EU is not keeping you back. Pay your bills and good luck to you.
You're damn right they're not holding us back.......well, yes they are actually until March 2019!

Then we'll happily pay them their pittance and crack on............I'm not convinced we'll need the luck you are offering.

Page 44 of 66 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top