Join for free
Page 47 of 66 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In answer to how we treat commonwealth badly, we could be helping commonwealth countries a lot and ourselves by employing the ones wish to come here. But we don't we welcome anyone from Eu instead. I have nothing against Europeans but if feels rather racist to welcome white faces while ignoring our black cousins who have helped us so much in the two wars, against I may add the people we seem to prefer to invite into our country now.

Pakistan was mentioned what a great idea we had making that country ! Instead of trying a peaceful settlement for India we split the country in two. Arrogance that has led to what we see now.
World trade is often in a state of change, for example from 1948 to 1973 UK-Commonwealth trade fell from 38% to 18% of both parties' total trade; that trading network was in decline long before the UK joined the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It's well known that DD's hands were tied as everything had to g through TM, an Arch Remainer who,like you, does not understand the Leavers' mindset.

I disagree about your merry dance analogy. People see Brexit as a way to leave the EU, membership of which either directly or indirectly causes many of the problems that beset their lives.

These problems may manifest themselves in abstract ways but ultimately it is membership of the EU that is their root.

As an economically middle class Remainer I don't expect you to have an ounce of understanding , empathy or sympathy for those millions of your fellow citizens.

Your views are too rooted in your own self aggrandisment
Are you saying that Theresa May actually has some power over her Government?

My merry dance analogy is spot on. The EU is not the root of all problems in the UK. That's the con. The EU did not lead to the demise of the British Empire. The EU did not close the coal mines. The EU did not lead to British industry moving production to China etc. The EU did not let in countless non EU economic migrants.

Some people think all this will somehow be erased when we leave the EU. Some people think Britain will be like a newborn baby.

Ps. you are getting personal, so may I refer you to your previous comment...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In answer to how we treat commonwealth badly, we could be helping commonwealth countries a lot and ourselves by employing the ones wish to come here. But we don't we welcome anyone from Eu instead. I have nothing against Europeans but if feels rather racist to welcome white faces while ignoring our black cousins who have helped us so much in the two wars, against I may add the people we seem to prefer to invite into our country now.

Pakistan was mentioned what a great idea we had making that country ! Instead of trying a peaceful settlement for India we split the country in two. Arrogance that has led to what we see now.
EU = white and Commonwealth = black?
A lot of southafricans are white and a lot of the french are black.
By the way, a lot of white southafricans found asylum in the UK.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
EU = white and Commonwealth = black?
Stop stirring Jan, the Dutch have nothing to be proud of.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 01:12 AM

Do we need to get so personal?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 02:27 AM

Hi

It would appear from news reports that a deal has not been reached ahead of this weeks Summit.

More fun and games ahead.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:55 AM

A song for Theresa and the Euroborg.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:58 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...street-cartoon
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Are you saying that Theresa May actually has some power over her Government?

My merry dance analogy is spot on. The EU is not the root of all problems in the UK. That's the con. The EU did not lead to the demise of the British Empire. The EU did not close the coal mines. The EU did not lead to British industry moving production to China etc. The EU did not let in countless non EU economic migrants.

Some people think all this will somehow be erased when we leave the EU. Some people think Britain will be like a newborn baby.

Ps. you are getting personal, so may I refer you to your previous comment...

As predicted , you , as a Remainer, do not understand the Leavers'mindset and have spent the past 18 months trying to use your own words to twist the narrative to suit your agenda

Re-read my last post and reall carefully think about what I have said.. It's your dismissive attitude that has plagued British politics for too long and that the electorate rebelled against.

Also, your sensitivity does you no credit You can't keep playing the 'You're getting personal' card when it's the nature of your subservient and self centered take on politics that forms your opinions.. You shouldn't expound your opinions if you're not prepared to have them pulled apart.
I'm saying your opinions are formed out of self interest not from a conviction or a inherent belief, that's why you don't empathise with the Leavers' or understand their problems
There is no personal gain for you in doing so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-10-2018, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
As predicted , you , as a Remainer, do not understand the Leavers'mindset and have spent the past 18 months trying to use your own words to twist the narrative to suit your agenda

Re-read my last post and reall carefully think about what I have said.. It's your dismissive attitude that has plagued British politics for too long and that the electorate rebelled against.

Also, your sensitivity does you no credit You can't keep playing the 'You're getting personal' card when it's the nature of your subservient and self centered take on politics that forms your opinions.. You shouldn't expound your opinions if you're not prepared to have them pulled apart.
I'm saying your opinions are formed out of self interest not from a conviction or a inherent belief, that's why you don't empathise with the Leavers' or understand their problems
There is no personal gain for you in doing so.
I don't classify myself as a remainer and those who voted leave as leavers. I see everyone as a person who has their own mind. It seems from comments like yours that it's leave voters who want to separate themselves from those who voted remain.

I'm not interested in re-reading a post that was just complaining again. You're making personal assumptions about me but you don't know me. Try to stick to the subject rather than getting insulting and projecting your own negative emotions on others here.

Page 47 of 66 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top