Join for free
Page 49 of 66 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 04:47 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Ray, I was reacting to Julie's statement that the UK have maltreated the commonwealth partners, and her subsequent line on white EU citizens and black cousins from the commonwealth. For me that smacked of a colonial attitude condescending on poor blacks.

Yes, the dutch have a colonial past, not te be proud of. But I do not believe in guilt of subsequent generations passed on from historic past.
The fact that the dutch have seriously misbehaved in their colonies does not deter me from critising statements that I perceive as based on racist attitude.
No it's called equality what's racist is only taking people from white Europe. I'd give everyone an equal chance not just Europeans.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 06:59 AM

OK u lot might think this if off topic but going by the topic title if you have a brain it just might not be.

Made in 1962 and told us of a bright future but destroyed by the leftie unions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItz5ZO2b9Y
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 08:13 AM

Oops!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8584986.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oops!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8584986.html
Hi

You must be devastated UJ, after all you have no time for the EU.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You must be devastated UJ, after all you have no time for the EU.

And even far less for the scumbag 'nasty party' and their accolytes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:10 AM

While Britain is trapped in the EU it cannot do its own deals and has to compromise with the other 27 members, but with independence on the way new Trade Secretary Liam Fox has been on a tour of America to start work on new deals.

Only two of the world's top 10 economies - Italy and France, which are both on the verge of major financial crises - have yet to express an interest in doing a trade deal with Britain.

The countries which want a deal with the UK are Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Ghana, Iceland, India, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Switzerland, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.

More are expected to follow.

Britain's leading investor Jim Mellon - known as the UK's answer to the US billionaire Warren Buffet - said that the economic picture in the Britain was “a complete vindication of the Brexit
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
While Britain is trapped in the EU it cannot do its own deals and has to compromise with the other 27 members, but with independence on the way new Trade Secretary Liam Fox has been on a tour of America to start work on new deals.

Only two of the world's top 10 economies - Italy and France, which are both on the verge of major financial crises - have yet to express an interest in doing a trade deal with Britain.

The countries which want a deal with the UK are Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Ghana, Iceland, India, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Switzerland, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.

More are expected to follow.

Britain's leading investor Jim Mellon - known as the UK's answer to the US billionaire Warren Buffet - said that the economic picture in the Britain was “a complete vindication of the Brexit
Hi Nom,

Thanks for your input, but my original question to the likes of Moscow jbr etc after there ridiculous comment that there are countries queuing up to do trade deals with was;

"which countries are queuing up that we don't already trade with".

As we already trade with all, but certainly the majority of the countries you name, I can not see the advantages of renegotiating trade deals, 110 I believe, (you name 27) with attendant costs and time scales involved.

The advantages that are named by the brexiters are just RED Herrings.

As I have said before we already trade with a total of 77 countries some 44% of the worlds countries.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindus...ith/2017-02-21
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:54 AM

From what I can make out from all the confusing stuff out there a lot of what we buy now may be cheaper if we have free trade deals, so it's up to us to make sure that happens.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
From what I can make out from all the confusing stuff out there a lot of what we buy now may be cheaper if we have free trade deals, so it's up to us to make sure that happens.
While being in the EU you have free trade deals under the umbrella of the EU. The profits for your industries are incalcuble. Out of the EU you will have to close free trade deals, and being a relative small consumers market (as compared with the EU), the profits will be smaller. Your industry, and its workers, will feel that. A matter of simple logic and secondary school economics.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No it's called equality what's racist is only taking people from white Europe. I'd give everyone an equal chance not just Europeans.
When was the last time you visited france? About one in three originates from their commonwealth, and is black. Chances are that in employing someone from EU-france 33% of them is black.
You have over a million comonwealth citizens in the UK, 2/3 of them originating from australia, south africa and new zealand, and are white.
Chances are that in employing someone from the commonwealth 33% of them is black.
I call that equality, don't you?

Page 49 of 66 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top