Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Re: The worst food you have ever consummed

We ate pigs trotters most Sunday tea times as kids . The trotters included the toes and the huge toe nails , sprinkled with salt and pepper and vinigar . Guess what

We kids ate them with delight , we were hungry you see . No never sick , I can remember the chomping and sucking as we ate

I'd never eat them now they would make me sick
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 09:17 PM

Another food tale I may have posted before.
A colleague and I were in Hong Kong doing a bit of work on the cooling systems for the high rise buildings. Nothing very complicated. They just circulated sea water to cool the buildings.

But we had to work overnight. Interrupting the system during the working day wasn't an option. So we ended up going for dinner in the early hours. At a restaurant where the fishermen want. We selected a live fish from a tank.

It was beautifully cooked. The whole thing. I mean the whole thing. The waiter picked out the eyes for me a s special delicacy - and stood over me while I ate them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 09:43 PM

We were staying in a hotel one year in January for our 20th wedding anniversary and we went down to dinner one evening as usual and it was a roast turkey dinner. It tasted lovely until I came to the baked onions. I don't like onions cooked in any form but being polite I thought I would try to eat them. About 5 - 10 minutes later I had terrific stomach pains and felt sick. I told my husband I didn't feel well and was going back to out room. I rushed up the stairs, unlocked the door and just made it to the toilet in time. My husband came in just after saying he couldn't finish his dinner if I wasn't there.

Fortunately I was fine the next day but was embarrassed the next evening when the chef came to our table to ask how I was. I made some excuse but didn't mention the onions to him

It was a good thing the hotel wasn't busy at that time of the year
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Brussels Sprouts! Spawn of the Devil !
Silver I love Brussels Sprouts....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We were staying in a hotel one year in January for our 20th wedding anniversary and we went down to dinner one evening as usual and it was a roast turkey dinner. It tasted lovely until I came to the baked onions. I don't like onions cooked in any form but being polite I thought I would try to eat them. About 5 - 10 minutes later I had terrific stomach pains and felt sick. I told my husband I didn't feel well and was going back to out room. I rushed up the stairs, unlocked the door and just made it to the toilet in time. My husband came in just after saying he couldn't finish his dinner if I wasn't there.

Fortunately I was fine the next day but was embarrassed the next evening when the chef came to our table to ask how I was. I made some excuse but didn't mention the onions to him

It was a good thing the hotel wasn't busy at that time of the year
Mags, I am the same as you, I do not like cooked onion. I like thinly sliced onion on a hamburger, or mixed with cucumber/salt and venegar. Like you, they would make me throw up.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:27 AM

Oysters...not that I have ever tasted them.

You eat them by swallowing the whole creature live straight from the shell and if for some unknown reason you decide to chew them they get bigger in your mouth.... not that I will ever find out because I am NEVER eating one
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

You eat them by swallowing the whole creature live straight from the shell and if for some unknown reason you decide to chew them they get bigger in your mouth.... not that I will ever find out because I am NEVER eating one
Tried them raw once - never again - nasty sensation!
Have also had them roasted and served in garlic butter - OK - but not something I would choose to eat again.

Not as bad as Brussels Sprouts though!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:33 PM

Even the thought of makes me feel sick.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Silver I love Brussels Sprouts....

Me too, Blue...
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:45 PM

You eat them by swallowing the whole creature live straight from the shell
That's a myth, you can do that but the best way is to chew them and they are delicious.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top