Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 09:48 PM

Re: Tim Farron Resigns

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh FGS Annie
What good would that do?

We need a STRONG leader, a strong party to ferry us through the exiting of the EU.

Not some wishy washy, half-hearted, yoghurt-knitting coalition
If she has to have a coalition I'd prefer a sane one that's worked ok in the past and will compromise rather than impose medieval ideals on us.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If she has to have a coalition I'd prefer a sane one that's worked ok in the past and will compromise rather than impose medieval ideals on us.
Ugh

The whole thing is turning into a pantomime.

As I said somewhere the other day, I expect Tony Blair to emerge as a new Tory PM ....... and Pope, of course
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Ugh

The whole thing is turning into a pantomime.

As I said somewhere the other day, I expect Tony Blair to emerge as a new Tory PM ....... and Pope, of course
I predicted Farage as the next Tory PM....anyone but boris.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Tim Farron = Minor Fart...
Which does seem applicable.
Haha! Tiny Tim has grown even tinier.
He won't be missed.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I predicted Farage as the next Tory PM....anyone but boris.
Boris might have been fun at one time but yeah I like Farage's 'plainspeak' even if he's lying as much as the rest of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Boris might have been fun at one time but yeah I like Farage's 'plainspeak' even if he's lying as much as the rest of them.
Farage for me too, and I don't remember him ever lying.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Farage for me too, and I don't remember him ever lying.
Dunno ... I've heard people on the radio 'proving' that he's lied.

Oh really ? SO WHAT ?

As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't come over as a slimy git AND, more to the point, he has all the relevant information to hand immediately.

He knows his stuff
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Dunno ... I've heard people on the radio 'proving' that he's lied.

Oh really ? SO WHAT ?

As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't come over as a slimy git AND, more to the point, he has all the relevant information to hand immediately.

He knows his stuff
Perhaps some of the 'Farageophobes' on here might like to enlighten us about his 'lies'.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:43 PM

As you've no doubt gathered from my posts, I am definitely a Leaver, (and also an atheist) and was disappointed by the GE result and its possible? probable? harmful effect on Brexit negotiations

Tim's arrogant whining and attempts to reverse or subvert Brexit were really becoming too much to stand, and this news has cheered me up no end!

However, I feel I must defend him over one point. Criticising his politics is fair game, but he is entitled to his personal beliefs. As a public figure a certain amount of discussion about those beliefs is acceptable, but he did not deserve much of the severe and unpleasant criticism or pressure.

'I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-06-2017, 10:45 PM

I can't bear any of them.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top