Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 10:48 PM

Re: Next on my whinge list - Loud exhausts.

Originally Posted by Panda ->
And why do they have their music on so LOUD it makes the ground shake
I don't mind loud music but what they play isn't music.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Why the hell don't you report it instead of just whinging about it? You undoubtedly have a government web site where you can report loud vehicles; just do it!

Ours is at the NSW EPA (Environmental Protection Agency - I think) You need details like the number plate, type of car and colour but it is easy to do on line.

https://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/your-envi...ehicle-exhaust
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why the hell don't you report it instead of just whinging about it? You undoubtedly have a government web site where you can report loud vehicles; just do it!

Ours is at the NSW EPA (Environmental Protection Agency - I think) You need details like the number plate, type of car and colour but it is easy to do on line.

As you say, details of noisy vehicle are needed. I've tried to get them. I've rushed out of the house, raced out of our Close, dashed towards the crossroads and over the road to the garage. Fit as I am for my age, when I get there the vehicle is always gone.

I wonder if a 'Please leave the garage quietly' notice would do any good. Maybe I'll suggest that at our next neighbourhood meeting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Because we in Britain no longer have any faith in the system. As far as I am aware, you can't report a noisy vehicle to the government or local council. You have to report it to the police by ringing 101. Good luck with that when they can't even be bothered to attend more serious crimes.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:07 AM

In the area where I live it's compulsory LD for these noisy dickheads to wear a baseball cap ( sarcastic )back to front is it the same where you live ..LOL.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:53 PM

You want to come to southern Spain if you want loud cars

Ferrari's Lambo's Audi's all with 10 and 12 cylinder engines and all with exhausts that make the ground shake as they go past and when decelerating the over run makes them back fire

Then again I drive a GT86 exhausts like drain pipes fabulous noise when I open it up
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
In the area where I live it's compulsory LD for these noisy dickheads to wear a baseball cap ( sarcastic )back to front is it the same where you live ..LOL.
OMG! Yes basser. Was laughing at one the other day, hat back to front and colour matching the car.

The thing is, these vehicles go past at all different times of the day or night, so unless I am prepared to sit by window 24/7 with a note pad, I'm not going to get their number plate.

Assuming these vehicles venture further than my road, I would assume that at some point in time they would have passed a police car or maybe a rare bobby on the beat. Obviously the police don't think it's worth pursuing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Ferrari's Lambo's Audi's all with 10 and 12 cylinder engines and all with exhausts that make the ground shake as they go past and when decelerating the over run makes them back fire

Then again I drive a GT86 exhausts like drain pipes fabulous noise when I open it up
And that's great, I have no problem with loud cars in the right environment. I assume you don't drive around villages at night revving her up though.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

26-07-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Must live in Malaga or Marbelle then Love it along that coast.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Yes I live in Marbella

And no I don't even go out at night

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top