Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Re: Vegatarian and Vegan

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Today I made vegan Cornish pasties and spicy Caribbean patties.
The basic mix is the same with hot pepper sauce added to the patties and turmeric in the pastry to make it more yellow.
YUM !
Love Carribean patties .
Second only to Trini doubles!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Lordy I haven't had a Jamaican Patty in years

So many foods that I cant get here
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Whys that Longdogs?

I eat oily fish twice a week at least
It's not bad for you, just doesn't have the benefits they once thought. this was in the news recently.

https://www.cochrane.org/news/new-co...-heart-disease
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not bad for you, just doesn't have the benefits they once thought. this was in the news recently.

https://www.cochrane.org/news/new-co...-heart-disease
Jeez, you cant trust any research it seems

Still I like my sardines and kippers so will carry on eating them, they make a real tasty lunch when home alone ( don't think my work colleagues would appreciate the smell )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:08 PM

Jeez, you cant trust any research it seems

Still I like my sardines and kippers so will carry on eating them, they make a real tasty lunch when home alone ( don't think my work colleagues would appreciate the smell )
Sardines are nice aren't they..... and kippers (when someone else cooks them for me like in a hotel)
Mel15
Nowhere

28-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sardines are nice aren't they..... and kippers (when someone else cooks them for me like in a hotel)
Love sardines on toast and I have a thing for John West Kippers with poached eggs and brown bread and butter. If you haven't tried them ( in tins) do, they are delish. Minute in the microwave and done
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 12:00 AM

Love sardines on toast and I have a thing for John West Kippers with poached eggs and brown bread and butter. If you haven't tried them ( in tins) do, they are delish. Minute in the microwave and done
Missy do you eat your egg atop of the sardines or separate - poached egg mixed with sardines would give an unusual flavor?
Mel15
Nowhere

29-08-2018, 07:23 AM

The poached egg is with the kippers , the sardines get a dash of balsamic vinegar
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 08:17 AM

I like sardines but the the taste lingers on all day ......
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
It's not too difficult Longdogs, I use soya chicken chunks for jerk chicken with rice and peas, also various spicy vegetable stews, fried dumplings, and fruity puddings that are naturally vegan.
I don't know the Johnny cakes you mentioned, perhaps you have the recipe?
Sounds really nice Yolande. Unfortunately, Tumeric is a no no with my meds. Some vegetarian dishes are absolutely yum, I always put a packet of 1/4 Veggie Burgers on my shopping list as they are delicious as a meal with a poached egg on top.
My SIL is ace at concocting Vegetarian meals, I love it when its her turn to do lunch - I've never left anything on the plate.
I think the most adventurous I have ever been with vegetables is a vegetable pie or Bubble and Squeak!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top