Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Re: Removing shoes

I find that people will offer to remove their footwear when the weather is bad, and it is nice of them to do so, but I would never expect my guests to remove their shoes, unless they wanted to.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:22 AM

I have never asked anyone to remove their shoes when entering my house and I wouldn't expect to be asked in someone else's house either. On my travels as a tradesman, I was sometimes asked to remove my shoes in the more ..... exotic homes shall I say and did out of politeness but in truth would rather have removed them on the way out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:25 AM

Well I have a tradesman coming today .
He's a dirty beggar ( employed by the builders who are doing some work on my place )with no respect for other people's property and I will ask him to take off his shoes .
I am fed up with people with no thought or respect for other people s property .
Where in goodness name were they dragged up?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He's a dirty beggar with no respect for other people's property and I will ask him to take off his shoes .
I am fed up with people with no thought or respect for other people s property .
Ah, that's the difference. People were always commenting on how tidy I was. I would also always put down dust sheets. I always hated making any mess, I suppose because I was the one who had to clean it up. In certain houses though, it was difficult to know where to stop.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He's a dirty beggar ( employed by the builders who are doing some work on my place )with no respect for other people's property and I will ask him to take off his shoes .
A he is not a tradesman if he disrespects your home.

B he could refuse to work in your home if you require him to remove his footware. H&S take precedence.

Plastic overshoes are available, but dustsheets can be provided by both parties.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

20-08-2018, 08:51 AM

It depends really, if it is raining then yes I automatically take my shoes off when entering someones house. Some friends I know ask for shoes off which I do and have no problem with.

In the past having had cream carpets I always asked no shoes please!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 09:07 AM

I don't ask or expect people to remove footwear in my house, I have dark carpets and quite honestly I have more to worry about than a bit of muck on the floor, I have a shampooer for that.

Workmen....if they're mucky then they tend to remove their boots without being asked plus they always put dust sheets down.

At my sister in law's I take my shoes off as she has wooden floors and I'm worried about scratching the floor. But at mother in law's I don't as she has carpets and she's never said anything about shoes off.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 10:41 AM

We expect people to remove their shoes when entering our home.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 10:45 AM

I would never expect anyone to remove their shoes when entering my house. It is a home, not a palace. It is a place for people to feel welcome and relax.

Many who visit me start to take their shoes off at the door but l tell them there is no need.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would never expect anyone to remove their shoes when entering my house. It is a home, not a palace. It is a place for people to feel welcome and relax.

Many who visit me start to take their shoes off at the door but l tell them there is no need.
Same here..most visitors arrive in cars anyway so just out of Their cars and up the garden path...If anyone asked Me to remove My shoes before I entered Their Palace,They wouldn't have to bother about Me visiting Them again

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top