Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Re: Removing shoes

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can't imagine anyone wanting to have white carpets or furniture, unless it's in a room where no one goes, but then what would be the point in having that room
Lots of people here in the UK appear to go in for white carpets, which is rather crazy. Our present home had white carpets in the lounge and bedrooms when we purchased it, we removed them and put in brown carpets.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Lots of people here in the UK appear to go in for white carpets, which is rather crazy. Our present home had white carpets in the lounge and bedrooms when we purchased it, we removed them and put in brown carpets.
My house had cream carpets on the stairs when we moved here, we removed them and replaced with brown carpet too
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:14 PM

I expect people to do it and would remind them if they didn't, if they objected I would ask them to leave.
And how about if it was royalty?
You're always hinting about your links with the royal family...

Would you ask the Queen to leave?
I'm damn sure she doesn't take off her shoes when she visits!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
And how about if it was royalty?
You're always hinting about your links with the royal family...

Would you ask the Queen to leave?
I'm damn sure she doesn't take off her shoes when she visits!
Of course, it is my home.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:09 PM

if its muddy I say put shoes on mat -but if its dry I dont say'

when I was bck home in Canada -went to a relatives house for dinner she met us at the door said shoes along the hall and I have some socks u can wear ??? ok I said ' being polite ' but where I stayed at my sisters home I took of my shoes - then she said please dont walk about in bear feet put slippers on arrrgh …… ok I said grrrr …
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:06 PM

I expect people to do it and would remind them if they didn't, if they objected I would ask them to leave.
I agree I would expect them to at least offer .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:59 AM

Ay my local swimming baths they have a machine where you take some plastic overshoes and slip them on before you enter the changing area. When you come out, you throw them away.

I don't.

I bring them home and if anybody comes to my house I ask them to slip them over their shoes - only if it's bad weather & I think they'll bring dirt in.. Mostly I don't bother.

I do find most people take their shoes off anyway without being asked.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I would never think of asking someone to remove there shoes or boots... If their shoes were soiled, wet or covered with snow...I'd assume that common sense would prevail and they'd remove them. And, if that didn't happen...I'd just tidy up after they left but no way...would I ever embarrass anyone.
I agree with BF, all of the "remove shoes" brigade , I would add ,show they regard their possessions as more important than friends and family.
This topic came up 3 or 4 years ago. I think from memory that the number of house proud posters has grown in number.

Just saying...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 01:12 PM

What's wrong with a doormat?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I agree with BF, all of the "remove shoes" brigade , I would add ,show they regard their possessions as more important than friends and family.
This topic came up 3 or 4 years ago. I think from memory that the number of house proud posters has grown in number.

Just saying...
If you haven't the manners to remove your dirty shoes i doors the next you would not be friends or family .
If you live in the East no one would dream of walking into someone's house with outdoor shoes on .

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top