Join for free
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
In answer to the topic.

I don't feel, particularly, proud to be British.

But I do feel very lucky to having been born British.

Can't imagine how unlucky it would be to have been born in some of those countries, out there!
I was going to say that
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
FYI, the RAF Regiment are merely part of the same Royal Air Force who spend their first 3-6 months in the services marching all day for hours on end. They complete basic training, as do the other Armed Forces with an unequalled top drawer standard ready for parade to match any other.
I know, I have been there and have done it.

Jeez man, you are so naive aren't you? Post after post, you rile us all deliberately with your unfounded and ignorant views on anything that takes your fancy. You were a boxer? Well mate, that explains your low level of intellect in a nutshell doesn't it lol!

About time you contributed with more of a pleasant - and knowledgeable - manner, is it not?
Get off your high horse, you impress nobody.
Very true.

I discover very quickly who is, and who isn't, worth debating with on this forum.

I won't waste my valuable time on people like this. There are plenty of sensible and interesting people here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
I cannot believe anyone thinks our military excel at marching and drilling. Seems to me we are way down the list. Just watch any Trooping the Colour, the crooked wiggly lines of troops is an embarrassment,, that wouldn't be accepted in some countries.
I love to watch Trooping The Colour! In fact, l am absolutely mesmerised by the marching troops.
Maybe, it’s the red uniforms that make you react like a raging bull?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Very true.

I discover very quickly who is, and who isn't, worth debating with on this forum.

I won't waste my valuable time on people like this. There are plenty of sensible and interesting people here.
Absolutely mate. It's why I rarely venture into the Politics section. Nothing will ever change will it?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I love to watch Trooping The Colour! In fact, l am absolutely mesmerised by the marching troops.
Maybe, it’s the red uniforms that make you react like a raging bull?
Spot on, Art
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 01:21 AM

I guess I would say that I'm proud to be a descendant of British ancestry - -both sides of my family. My dad's family were Loyalists during our Revolution but mum's side were with the rebels.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 03:14 AM

I used to be proud to be British, but not any more. I can see this country sinking steadily into a third world country. This is purely down to successive pathetic so-called governments.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 09:17 AM

Im proud to be Yorkshire then to be English...i could break it down further but then it becomes tribal
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Im proud to be Yorkshire then to be English...i could break it down further but then it becomes tribal
Aye, you North Yorkies with your highfalutin ways.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 03:45 PM

Hi

Like others, consider myself lucky to be born here.

I certainly would not have liked to the born in some countries that I have worked in.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, you North Yorkies with your highfalutin ways.
HA! Wrong on both counts but you knew that.

Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top