Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:48 PM

Transgender Drama

Anyone see the new drama advertised, supposed to be starting later this month I believe?
I think it is to be called "Butterfly".

It's about a transgender child at school!

Sorry if it offends, but I'm getting seriously fed up with so much of this rammed down our throats now.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:49 PM

Re: Transgender Drama

I'm living in it
Right now!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm living in it
Right now!

What do you mean Rhian?

You mean at your work place?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you mean Rhian?

You mean at your work place?
Yes
Exactly that
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:54 PM

I think everyone should watch it, then they may understand it instead of jumping to conclusions and moaning.

It must be awful for some children with parents and grandparents who hold views like some I've read. Then I suppose it depends if they'd rather their kids suffered in silence or self-harmed or worse than confide in them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-10-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Anyone see the new drama advertised, supposed to be starting later this month I believe?
I think it is to be called "Butterfly".

It's about a transgender child at school!

Sorry if it offends, but I'm getting seriously fed up with so much of this rammed down our throats now.
Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think everyone should watch it, then they may understand it instead of jumping to conclusions and moaning.

It must be awful for some children with parents and grandparents who hold views like some I've read. Then I suppose it depends if they'd rather their kids suffered in silence or self-harmed or worse than confide in them.

OK Tess, maybe you've got a point.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 11:08 PM

It's not only children, I know a few folk in their 60's and even older who have lived a lie all their lives just to appease other folk's views. They are so happy that they can finally be who they always wanted to be.
It's a similar situation to when Gay people could finally admit to being in love with someone without being locked up.
It will all die down eventually.
I hope there's someone the kids at your school can talk to Rhian, some won't have accepting parents.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

02-10-2018, 11:22 PM

It's not only children, I know a few folk in their 60's and even older who have lived a lie all their lives just to appease other folk's views. They are so happy that they can finally be who they always wanted to be.
It's a similar situation to when Gay people could finally admit to being in love with someone without being locked up.
It will all die down eventually.
I hope there's someone the kids at your school can talk to Rhian, some won't have accepting parents.
Ours isn't a particularly big school Tess
So yes it is known to us that
the pupil is well loved and
fully supported both within the family and teaching staff
But as can only be expected, amongst 12-13 y olds (who come with other outside influences) the student is being targeted
Yes those bullies will grow up, accept, move on or whatever but the here and now is hugely difficult for the pupil.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

02-10-2018, 11:25 PM

That's very sad Rhian, I hope all turns out well. Sometimes it's the adults (parents) that need to teach their kids to be accepting of others.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

02-10-2018, 11:33 PM

That's very sad Rhian, I hope all turns out well. Sometimes it's the adults (parents) that need to teach their kids to be accepting of others.
Parents are usually the teachers' biggest stumbling block in resolving any issues or problems at school

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top