Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Re: IPad freezing

Which model of iPad is it?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
It is very random so no pattern to it. I’ve also had the site I’m on switching off and going to desktop. Very recently my recent Google searches have disappeared! So a few gremlins in the works.

Maybe it’s trying to tell me I need a new one!
Years ago I had a fairly new Android tablet behave like that as well the screen would sometimes go to snow (like the old analogue TVs when the transmitter shut down). I sent it back under guarantee and they replaced the main board after which it worked perfectly.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Which model of iPad is it?
It’s the iPad Mini 2
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Years ago I had a fairly new Android tablet behave like that as well the screen would sometimes go to snow (like the old analogue TVs when the transmitter shut down). I sent it back under guarantee and they replaced the main board after which it worked perfectly.
That was good. Unfortunately mine is several years old now so we’ll past it’s guarantee.

The freezing seems to have thawed now as it’s behaved itself today. I have lost my Google recent history again though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:36 AM

As an iPad Mini 2 it's nearing the end of its life cycle but should perform better under iOS 12.

I'd put it down to age but some of them are working OK.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
As an iPad Mini 2 it's nearing the end of its life cycle but should perform better under iOS 12.

I'd put it down to age but some of them are working OK.
It’s a wonder it hasn’t already died with over use! It rarely leaves my hands.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:43 AM

Do a reset network settings. That usually cures gremlins.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-10-2018, 08:55 AM

You're best to erase it completely and do a restore from a backup. That is, unless it's something you've downloaded recently which is causing the freezing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Yes, Cheshire Cat. My iPad Air had been doing the same last week. I just had to walk away for a while and leave it as nothing l did would unfreeze it. It was ok when l tried it again.

I also upgraded to iOS 12. and it’s been ok since.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, Cheshire Cat. My iPad Air had been doing the same last week. I just had to walk away for a while and leave it as nothing l did would unfreeze it. It was ok when l tried it again.

I also upgraded to iOS 12. and it’s been ok since.
Hi Artangel
That sounds very similar to mine. I’m pleased to say that it’s been behaving itself recently. The upgrade must have sorted it out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top