Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:51 PM

Yard sales and church bazaars

Well the yard sale season is just about ready to close down now and the Church Christmas Bazaars are gearing up for the kill.....

Anybody here like to get their Christmas goodies from the bazaars and put them in the freezer for Christmas.
The Churches have silent actions where you are bound to pick up a great bargain for next to nothing, compared to it's value.

This is a great way to get Christmas gifts for your friends if you like knits and crafts....
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: Yard sales and church bazaars

Mornin' Blue...I love going to Church Bazaars and checking out all of the beautiful crafts. They do make lovely gifts. The baking goods and preserves...are an awesome choice too, as I am not doing as much baking these days as I use to...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Yard sales aren’t big here, we car boot or table top

We have a great auction house near me which is great fun and I’ve picked up so beautiful things for pennies
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:40 PM

What's a yard sale?

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Yard sales aren’t big here, we car boot or table top

We have a great auction house near me which is great fun and I’ve picked up so beautiful things for pennies
Well, we don't call them yards here for the most part. But you can get some amazing bargains at car boot sales.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What's a yard sale?

Psssst, wanna buy a yard.

Think of i as a Car boot in your own drive for getting rid of your own unwanted items.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Psssst, wanna buy a yard.

Think of i as a Car boot in your own drive for getting rid of your own unwanted items.

Aha. Thank you Nom.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:19 PM

We give away our unwanted items. We give money as Christmas presents, to our children and grandchildren, much less hassle and they can buy what suits them.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:12 PM

I went to a car boot sale during the summer which was on the way to Northampton for me. I have to be honest and say most of the stuff they were selling was rubbish and I was quite disappointed.
When I worked at the Auction house lots of car booters would come to buy stock to sell on.
Some of these people get up at ungodly hours on a Saturday or Sunday morning to get bargains.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:14 PM

Whatever happened to jumble sales? I suppose people became more educated in the value of things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top