Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 11:47 AM

Re: Have You Ever Deliberately Avoided Someone?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, It can be very awkward when you fall out with neighbours. You have to avoid eye contact and look the other way, or run in the house if you see them coming!
I just ignore them, even if we are out in our gardens at the same time, though I try not to be out there when they are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's hard to deal with. We did fall out with one neighbour but have since made up. It's still has some strained undertones but we have a mutual understanding. She managed to fall out with all three neighbours just after moving in. We both had to work at it.

I hope you find a middle way Tiffany. Life is too short for worrying bout next door too.
Sadly after what he said to me & my daughter there is no way I'll ever speak to him again. He was nasty & intimidating & threatened us with the council, all because we had our van parked on our drive & he didn't want it there.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 03:10 PM

I don't avoid any of My Neighbours as They're all good People...but I do avoid one or two of My Relatives who are total PITTAs
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Apparently (and luckily) most people don't expect a man to stop and chat. I can get away with a nod, smile and an "alright?" and just keep going, especially with my earbuds in.

If desperate I could always pretend to touch the button on my earbud cable and let on I'm using the microphone to answer a call. I could then whisper "must dash", give them a wave and head off. Best earbuds ever!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top