Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Judge rules against care plan for man who hasn't the mental capacity to understand

Chemical castration definitely wrong in this case, and cruel, likely to cause more difficulties.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: Judge rules against care plan for man who hasn't the mental capacity to understand

If he doesn’t understand consent he must be fairly badly challenged .
I would imagine most normal women would recognise this .
However as was stated someone vulnerable may not.
He has not however committed any crimes .

Of course if he were rich or royal it would be ok .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Valid point, protecting both him and any partner until a relationship has developed. Casual sex with prostitute may not be what this man wants, but would hopefully prevent him from breaking the law.
But he doesn't want casual sex with a prostitute ?

From the article ,
The local authority wanted the care plan to stay in place, but Roberts said in her judgment that JB had “made it very plain that he desperately wants to find a girlfriend with whom he can develop and maintain a relationship. He is anxious to have a sexual partner and believes that the current restrictions represent an unfair and unwarranted interference in his basic rights to a private and family life.”

Perhaps he knows places outside of the home where he can find such a person although he could mean within the care home ?
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Not if but when this man is charged with rape, I can see how this is going to play out in court:

defence lawyer: My client pleads not guilty through reasons of mental impairment because he is incapable of understanding what he did was wrong.

prosecution lawyer: Your honour, as you can see by his medical records, clinical physiologists diagnosed him as 'not able to consent' and thus was considered a risk to women. As such he was put on a care plan by the local authority as a measure to protect women.

Judge: Are you telling me it had already been established that he was a danger to women and thus a care plan was put in place to prevent the exact situation that is before me today?.

prosecution lawyer: Yes your honour

Judge: Which idiot removed the care plan?

prosecution lawyer: A colleague of yours your honour, a Mrs Justice Roberts.

Judge: <face-palms>
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 07:08 PM

What's "care plan"?

I googled it but none the wiser.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What's "care plan"?

I googled it but none the wiser.
This is an exert from the linked article in the original post, and i quote

JB has never been charged with any criminal offence but because of his behaviour towards women he has been subject to a care plan by his local authority since 2014 which has imposed significant limitations on his freedoms.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Valid point, protecting both him and any partner until a relationship has developed. Casual sex with prostitute may not be what this man wants, but would hopefully prevent him from breaking the law.
Most likely could'nt afford a prostitute Cinders, do you think he
should get a tax credit to pay for one?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Exactly how I feel too, donkeyman. although the chemical way isn't permanent as I understand.
Then make it a mechanical castration, probably cheaper too!!

Regards Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 07:45 PM

This is an exert from the linked article in the original post, and i quote

JB has never been charged with any criminal offence but because of his behaviour towards women he has been subject to a care plan by his local authority since 2014 which has imposed significant limitations on his freedoms.

Thanks, but they don't say what they mean by "care plan".

Is it some sort of restraining order?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

03-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
But he doesn't want casual sex with a prostitute ?

From the article ,
The local authority wanted the care plan to stay in place, but Roberts said in her judgment that JB had “made it very plain that he desperately wants to find a girlfriend with whom he can develop and maintain a relationship. He is anxious to have a sexual partner and believes that the current restrictions represent an unfair and unwarranted interference in his basic rights to a private and family life.”

Perhaps he knows places outside of the home where he can find such a person although he could mean within the care home ?
Perhaps a lawyer has been talking to him Zuleika? Or a social
worker?

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top