Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 05:44 PM

Re: Are you a member of a gym?

I've been a member of a gym since May, when I discovered that it was free for the over 80s. I try to go about 3 times a week, I do the treadmill cycling and various other machines.
I've not come across that about picking up bugs, but it doesn't worry me. I don't pick up bugs very easily anyway, can't remember the last time I had one if at all. I know some people always wipe things clean after they've used a machine, and I do if I remember lol
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 09:35 AM

Re: Are you a member of a gym?

A few people on here are saying that "machines are boring". They don't have to be.
If you follow a programme and vary your routine or set yourselves goals, you find them a challenge instead of a grind. I.e. put the effort in instead of blindly trudging along - that will do nothing for your fitness.

I use a treadmill occasionally but I get all my cardio exercise from being active at work, so my training consists of mostly free weights and the 'stack' machines. At 52, I still maintain a good level of fitness.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top