Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 01:47 PM

Re: Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Is this an AD ? lol
Well you would definitely lose pounds if you bought it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well you would definitely lose pounds if you bought it.
very well said
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 03:57 PM

Maybe join a gym, Carol.
There are many types of exercise you can do by using even the lightest weights. Alternatively, the treadmill at a moderate incline will burn some calories.
Or an aerobics class perhaps?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 10:14 AM

I am a gym member Floydy but most of the equipment I used to use is no longer suitable. I can no longer use the treadmill on an incline because of the pain it causes in my thigh. The cross trainer has the same effect.

An aerobics class is out because any jumping/squatting would be too painful for my thigh.

So far it seems swimming's my best bet - it just gets a bit boring though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I am a gym member Floydy but most of the equipment I used to use is no longer suitable. I can no longer use the treadmill on an incline because of the pain it causes in my thigh. The cross trainer has the same effect.

An aerobics class is out because any jumping/squatting would be too painful for my thigh.

So far it seems swimming's my best bet - it just gets a bit boring though.
What about the weight stations, Carol? Just for the upper body though. Using very light weights quite vigorously has some great cardio benefits and will keep the weight down.

Have you thought about talking to a personal trainer at the gym - maybe they could work out a tailored programme for you?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 07:13 PM

Thanks Floydy - the weights are a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top