Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:38 PM

Woman mauled to death

Just read a shocking story about a lady who has been killed by her own two dogs.

I cannot begin to imagine what that poor woman went through and for anyone who had the misfortune to witness that must be horrible.

I wonder what would cause these dogs to turn on their owner.

I look at my Kodi and think he would never be vicious but obviously dogs are capable of killing.

How horrible, what a way to die

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ath-dogs-home/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Re: Woman mauled to death

No dog, or cat for that matter, is completely trustworthy.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just read a shocking story about a lady who has been killed by her own two dogs.

I cannot begin to imagine what that poor woman went through and for anyone who had the misfortune to witness that must be horrible.

I wonder what would cause these dogs to turn on their owner.

I look at my Kodi and think he would never be vicious but obviously dogs are capable of killing.

How horrible, what a way to die
I agree. You just have to wonder about the circumstances.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:33 PM

Strange, dogs don't turn for no reason.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 08:09 PM

Friend of mine had the most wonderful soft gentle german shepherd dog you could wish to meet. Then it got a brain tumour and became shall we say unstable to be kind and had to be put down.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Strange, dogs don't turn for no reason.
No they don't but unfortunately we never get to hear the truth from dog owners because in my opinion they are worried that if they did tell the truth more dogs would be considered 'dangerous'.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:51 PM

The moral of this story is.....Never keep a pet that you couldn't handle if it turned on you.....Although Mrs Fox might be more than a handful.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No dog, or cat for that matter, is completely trustworthy.
Or human Todgy??
Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:05 PM

I will not pass any judgement on this, simply because we only know the outcome, and nothing at all about what led up to it.

I can't see how the police will ever find out what went wrong either, seeing as one witness is dead, and the other two can't speak!
I can't see the surviving ever being rehomed either.

Personally, I don't believe any normal, happy family dog would turn without good reason, whether this be fear, pain, provocation, ill health, or what ever. There will be a reason.

It seems the two dogs backed each other up - but why?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:11 PM

Some folks want to dominate dogs, maybe that is the problem.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top