Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Am I the only one left who uses Musicassettes?

It seems so! Lately I've been talking to people I know about how they listen to their music, and about 50% say they use vinyl and the other 50% said they use CDs but NONE say cassettes.

I have about 30 cassette tapes in my car (most of them are from the 1980s and still play like new) and I have a further 50 or so in the house.

Only a handful of my cassettes have ever distorted or become tangled and those ones were cheap blank cassettes which were never good from day one.

I do have some CDs (I'm not a complete dinosaur) but I'd rather play a record or a tape.

My wifes car (2013 MG6) has a CD player which suits her fine, but I couldn't live with that. Both my cars have cassette players and that is how I like it!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Re: Am I the only one left who uses Musicassettes?

No, you're not oldbugger - I have quite a few cassettes but no longer a cassettle player to play them on. I won't part with them because there are some lovely songs on them, even though I can't listen to them
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Had to smile oldbugger and ben'varrey. I have thousands of cassettes which are much loved and played. Every now and again one will give up the ghost or rather my old music center will chew one to bits and it's like losing an old friend.

I still go through boxes at boot sales for cassettes
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:27 AM

We have still got some cassettes and a player but we no longer play them as we updated them and got the ones I really love on CD so I could play them in the car and in the house.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 04:54 PM

I got a load of them in the shed Jim, but like some of the others I got nothing to play them on, I cant remember where the players is, I think the missus dumped it out, she loves dumping out stuff so I have to keep my eye on her, same with the video cassettes, I know she dumped out that player. Fortunately I was able to save them all onto a hard drive, much handier I think.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Up until two weeks ago, I had an old car I bought for taking the dogs out in (but it became too dodgy to drive anymore) and that had a cassette player and I used to play them on that sometimes but was worried they'd get chewed up too so it was a rare treat to listen to them.
Goodison
New Member!
North West
Goodison is male 

06-09-2013, 12:55 AM

Your wife and mine must be twins LOL
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:41 AM

Er .... Ben is a lady personage!

I too have many cassettes and I do have CD/Cassette players I can still use. I also have a record player to play records on, and I hate the use of the word vinyls. They're records!
Goodison
New Member!
North West
Goodison is male 

06-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Er .... Ben is a lady personage!

I too have many cassettes and I do have CD/Cassette players I can still use. I also have a record player to play records on, and I hate the use of the word vinyls. They're records!
Apologies ..my reply was for Jem ...beginners mistook LOL
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Goodison ->
Your wife and mine must be twins LOL
Hello John, God help you so, nice to know I'm not the only sufferer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top